Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

melika00
My Device: 9800 torch
My Carrier: bis

Re: No Cached Credentials - error ID 40721

İ have same problem error id:40721 !! :smileysad:  I did what you are writing here but it didn't improve.What can i do ??  please help me.I have 9800 torch.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ja92
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: GiffGaff

I have the same problem. I updated App World to the newest version.

I was able to access it and download without a problem prior to this, however the update has left me unable to access any of the tabs; Games, Apps, Themes, My World & My Account.

Whenever I click on these it gives the message; "No cached credentials; error id 40721"

I've followed the guidelines on here but these didn't work at all: http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB24714&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d...

How do we rectify this? Please respond asap, thanks.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
carpenter
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9790
My Carrier: TMobile

I actually wasn't able to solve this to my satisfaction.  I have since upgraded my device and haven't had a problem since.  What I might suggest is to back up your device in its entirety and then restore it to factory standards and then reload everything again.  I believe there is a page in the forums dedicated to showing how to do this.

Please use plain text.
yssacn
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Sun Cellular

Have tried this solution many times. still doesn't work for me. :No:

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Please see this thread:

While the error code is not identical, the situation is similar...perhaps that posters solution will work for others.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Pankaj_BB
My Device: 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi.  

I suffered from a 40721 which is caused by the upgrade to OS5.0 and BB App World 3.x.

I needed to reinstall the previous OS 4.6 - see http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-App-World-General/AppWorld-No-Cached-Credentials/m...

Please use plain text.
zoozoo
My Device: Blackberry Curve 9360
My Carrier: O2

Hi,

I tried all the steps sdgardne gave me and although it did log me out of app world etc. after that I'm still getting 'no cached credentials' coming up EVERY time I try to download somethign - I also keep getting told I am not online when I'm pretty sure I am :-/

What can I do to get this all working? I literally just got my blackberry curve 9360 delivered to me this morning as an upgrade & I really cannot get any luck with getting stuff to work. I can text and make calls and that's it... obviously I would like to get more use of my phone and use all the app's!! And unfortunately all of my friends who have BB's got them set up in the network shops and I can't get to one for at least a few days.

Can someone pleaaaase help me figure out how to get this working??  :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Rifat123
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9780 From Orange
My Carrier: Student

I have a Blackberry Bold 9780. When I want to download an app at app world , it says me No Cached Credentials .(Error Id: 40721)
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Rifat123

What I Do
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Rifat123