Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Contributor
jon429k
My Device: BB Tour 9630, os 4.7.1.61 - platform 4.1.0.81
Accepted Solution

No downloads or Archive menu selection showing

Hello:

Does App World need to be installed on phone before any apps are downloaded or will App World automatically locate them?

Also does the Archive menu selection only show when there are apps showing on the My World page?

Thanks; Jon

BB storm 9530, OS4.7, App World v1.1.011, Verizon, personal use phone

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: No downloads or Archive menu selection showing

[ Edited ]

Hi there!

jon429k wrote:

Does App World need to be installed on phone before any apps are downloaded or will App World automatically locate them?

Well, since AppWorld is an app that runs on the BB, providing the portal to available apps, I think that the answer to the first part of your question is yes, AppWorld needs to be installed on the BB...but I think that I'm misunderstaning your question.

jon429k wrote:

Also does the Archive menu selection only show when there are apps showing on the My World page?

I think that's indeed how it works...but I've not used that feature, so I can't be sure.

Cheers!

Message Edited by sdgardne on 08-04-2009 07:32 PM

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.