Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
thinktankcentre
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Digi Malaysia

Not able to access Blackberry World on Q10

HI there

I have been having problems accessing Blackberry World the world say and each time I tried, an error message that says "THere was a connection problem.  Blackberrry world must close"

I have restarted the phone twice and my wifi connection is working fine.  

Please help.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Goose947
My Device: Q10/9900/9790
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Not able to access Blackberry World on Q10

Hello thinktankcentre

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with BlackBerry World thinktankcentre.

Can you please confirm whether entering BlackBerry World from the Music application or the main icon provides the same error message?

Please attempt to open BlackBerry World by entering Music>3 Menu Dots>BlackBerry World.

I look forward to your reply thinktankcentre

Goose947

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
thinktankcentre
My Carrier: Digi Malaysia

Hi there Goose947

Blackberry World seem ok after I posted my question on this forum about an hour later.  

However, I have a seprate issue now regarding Blackberry Link.  The first time i plugged my BBQ10 onto my Windows 7 computer, the computer was able to detact the phone and when I downloaded the software to install Blackberry Link, it would end up with an error message saying that a programme needed to complete the installation could not run.  The error message has this code 'error 1721'.  

I've tried doing a disk clean up but nothing seemed to work after.  Also, my laptop now can't even detect my phone anymore.  It wouldn't install the phone's driver as well.  I have downloaded the blackberry link software on the desktop version 6 times over, doing the disk cleanup and restarting my laptop each time but still the same error appeared.  

I am starting to get really flustered with this situation.  Hope you can shed some light on what i can do to install Blackberry Link.  I've also tried installing by disabling my firewall as well as my anti-virus software on the computer but nothing works.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
Hauwaab
My Carrier: MTN

Hello Goose947,

i also cant access bbworld and anything internet related , i tried your instruction but i did not even find the bbworld thru the music path. Pls  help.

Please use plain text.