Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
abnelson
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

PACE MobiTech Spamming me

I downloaded an App from Pace MobiTech.  It sucked battery and I removed it.  As soon as I removed it (possibly a coincidence as it was less than a day), I started recieving messages from them "Weekly App Offers", typically three a day.  I have tried to contact them to get them to stop sending me these messages, but they never respond.

Developers who practice this kind of promotion should be banned from the App World Store.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
senator141
My Device: 9700 Bold
My Carrier: T MOBILE

Re: PACE MobiTech Spamming me

I fail to see why blackberry harbour these Charlton's, to me its giving blackberry a bad name. Surely they wouldn't employ just anyone off the street so why allow these morons free range to do this. There is a law against this taking place in the same way that cold calling and any text messages about a dam accident that you never had. The only way to stop this continuous spamming is first and foremost blackberry looks after its clients that use their phones on a daily basis not he cretins that wanna advertise their products. Secondly and i speak from experience check your other apps and ensure that they are not coming from the same company but don't just delete from the phone delete from your MY WORLD to,

if that fails wipe the phone back to factory settings and start again.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
Hannesvisagie
My Device: 9300
My Carrier: cell c

How do one uninstall this?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
abnelson
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

On a 9900 you go to Options, Device, Application Management to remove an app.

Unfotunately once MobiTech start sending in messages I have not found a way to get them to stop.  It can be anywhere from one a day to five a day, each labeled a weekly app message.  Occasionally I also get messages from them that have different subjects.

As far as I can tell the only way to get MobiTech to stop spamming you is to move to an iPhone.

Please use plain text.