If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
yoyoplay
My Device: Tour 9630

Re: PayPal Service Error when trying to link my previous App World purchases to my newly created BB ID

I think you are right.  I can get around the error if I used a new blackberry ID that DOES NOT have the same email as my paypal address.  But this means that you lose all apps.  UNACCEPTABLE!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AlexisAbrante
My Device: 9650

Re: PayPal Service Error when trying to link my previous App World purchases to my newly created BB ID

[ Edited ]

Making the BB ID different than the paypal e-mail will work for some, but I doubt it will work for all because the e-mail for both of my log ins is the same (BB ID and Paypal) and mine works fine. What worked for me was downgrading the status of my paypal account from business to personal. From the previously posted comments by all of us I believe that this is not a "one size fits all" issue. We all have unique reasons why we get the error and it sucks that Rim hasn't addressed it. Most of us didn't have any issues with the previous version of BB appworld, why should we be dealing with this now. And to those using the Torch, I feel bad for you guys since that phone is supposed to set the precedent for the rest of our devices. Rim needs to figure something out NOW.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
elmeto
My Device: 8900
My Carrier: O2

Come on, can someone at RIM please look into this and reply! 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

elmeto wrote:

Come on, can someone at RIM please look into this and reply! 

Hello,

If these forums were part of your formal support channel, then perhaps someone at RIM would do what you desire. But, since they aren't your formal support channel, then it's unlikely to receive any attention. Rather, your formal support channel, via your carrier, is the method to seek formal support.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
plesko
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: ATT

Get the same circular messaging as everyone else. Have tried contacting by email, etc. but no support. If you remove App World, do you lose all the apps you already bought? Does it fix the problem AT ALL? Couldn't they could of just left things well enough alone when they worked easily.

Guess we will have to wait to see if App World fixes it on its own..not holding my breath.

Please use plain text.
plesko
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: ATT

Changed email did not let me verify PayPal account but did allow me to do upgrades and pick new payment option. Now at least I got rid of those stupid update icons on my home screen.

Maybe with time the PayPal thing will work!  Thanks for the tip!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
NdnaJnz
My Device: 8320 Curve

I am having this same problem, as of today.  I suspect it actually occured when I updated BB AppWorld to 2.0.0.x but, I haven't tried to download or update any new app's since then. Today, I tried to update an app and could not log in to AppWorld.  I created a new ID/pw and now I am logged in and can download app's. But MyWorld shows No Downloads.  I was never given the opportunity to enter my Paypal info or, even asked to check the box for "I have previously purchased apps via Paypal..."  (or whatever it says).  Is there a way to force the checkbox to appear?  I already tried simply deleting and re-installing AppWorld.

Thx if you can help,

Jeff

-------

Please use plain text.
Kelstar143
My Device: Not Specified

Thank you!!!!!  That was the ticket.

Please use plain text.