Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Visitor
insanity83
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8520
My Carrier: Vodafone Netherlands

Payment method App World

[ Edited ]
Hi there,

I've been a Blackberry user for some time now, however I'm not satisfied with the payment options in App World. As everyone know, you can use a creditcard, or a paypal account.

Two things: I don't own any of them.
And paypal isn't a great method for most users.

Here in The Netherlands we use iDeal. It's a secure payment method everyone in our country can use, because it comes with your bankaccount if you get one here. Nearly every online shop I know uses is, because company directly receive there money and the purchase proces will be immediatly. No more typing in all your creditcard details, no more waiting before money is transfered to your paypal account.
Huge companies like Valve ( known for the online games Counterstrike Source etc ) use it. Even if they are an Amarican company.
It makes my online purches easier. I hope RIM could consider this option, that would help out every blackberry user in The Netherlands :smileyhappy: My best regards,
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: Payment method App World

hello insality83,

first I would like to let you know that this is a community forum. The contributors here are BlackBerry device owners who take some of their free time to help other owners. The chances that your message is read by a RIM employee are very limited. I would suggest you to contact your carrier support and talk to them about that idea, because your carrier is a co-partner with RIM of the AppWorld in your country.

That being said, here is my opinion. RIM has always worked to deliver the same features, agnostically from a carrier or from a country. Therefore, any new payment method that will be added to AppWorld will have to be usable for any carrier in any country. That is the case with the three payment method available :

• PayPal (everywhere PayPal is supported)
  • credit card / debit card (everywhere there are such cards)
  • carrier billing (for every carrier that support that option, currently in Canada and US)

Your iDeal payment method seems specific to your country, therefore I think it will never be available on AppWorld. And if It were, I would personally find that very unfair :smileywink: because in France there is another payment method specific to France too (Moneo). (well to be honest with you, nobody uses Moneo in France, it was just to give an example).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
Contributor
shanewilson600
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Payment method App World

American Express is not supported for Canadian Customers.  Really Bad for Business when AMEX has alot of Corporate clientèle.

Shane W.
Please use plain text.