Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Regular Contributor
fatzDomingo
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: O2

Please try later is all down to BlackBerry in this instance.

I had previously downloaded Email ++ onto my Bold 9780 (O2) . At that time it was a time limited trial. I opted not to proceed with the puchase at that time and deleted it. I have now decided that it would be a good idea to purchase the full product but on selecting purchase it keeps coming up with re-installing the original product. I have deleted the cache on the phone, so the only reference to this product will be on the list retained at the RIM App Server Database. On checking the error log on the phone details as follows:-

net.rim.device.apps.internal.appstore.model2.contexterror

Exception Detail: Trying to download an app that hasnt been purchased yet.

That indicates to me that RIM don't remove listings of downloaded time trial apps therefore confusing the diddly out of the Store Front when wanting to purchase an app version.

No app for me, no money for the developer, no cut for RIM.

You'd think that in such an instance when RIM has the potential to lose on a revenue stream that at least there would be a directly contactable email for the App World Sales Team?

Heres hoping someone at RIM reads this and gets in touch!

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Please try later is all down to BlackBerry in this instance.

Hi fatzDomingo,

What version of BlackBerry App World do you currently have installed? Can you please verify that your BlackBerry Bold 9780 smartphone was rebooted after clearing the cache? Can you please try to reinstall the trial version and then upgrade to the purchased version and let me know the results?

Thanks.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.