Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
togetfiles
My Device: Torch 9860

Privacy Concerns with Downloadable applications

The following software available on Blackberry App World hijacks my device and forces the user into surrendering to it my Personal Information:

Capture Nux, By iBNuX - Petani Dihital
http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/42203/?lang=en

Also, there needs to be an avenue for complaints via email without forcing registration to twitter, blog boards, or any other subscribed service that is again not wanted.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,993
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Privacy Concerns with Downloadable applications

ON that link itself to the app in BlackBerry World, there is this:

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
togetfiles
My Device: Torch 9860

[ Edited ]

I visited their advised website before posting, and again just now. I had also found the website suspect as there wasn't a useful piece of binary information there -- apart from a simple background picture, it is empty, void, and and a complete waste of space:

So, I had searched through BlackBerry App World for resolve when I then found that only a subscriber service was offered; twitter etc...

I was seeking action from BlackBerry App World in this case, but it's not the onus of their policy?

I just doubt that a developer with agendas such as these would bother with a single complaint, since in fact, they act so blatantly ignorant, anonymous, and with such lame conduct as to direspect the privacy rights of their customers/consumers.

Anyone that is also familiar with BlackBerry App world and the conduct of Dev's advertising 'Free' warez, that incorporates a hidden agenda of stealth to programmatically market and spam user inboxes or interface etc, are all too familiar with such false and abusive conduct as well.

Something I had expected to be refrained from BlackBerry's unique market.

If anything, I'll warn others to just steer clear of such 'developers' as these, and advise BB App World to set up a commission to investigate such conduct and expose it through a more defined ranking system. Because, before you'll know it, QNX and BBY will be taking a nose dive through the NASDAQ with other such manufacturers.

I wouldn't be surprised if user's refrain from purchasing because of such actions... anyway, my rant's over with this lowest of the low dev. But, thanks for the prompt reply.

Actually, I don't own a QNX device, yet!

JSanders
Solutions: 5,993
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Ok, great.

I was primarily answering your question about how to ask without registering for this user-to-user forum. So, you already knew the answer to that question since you had already visited those mentioned resources.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code