Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Contributor
Tarv
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: MTS Mobility

Re: Problem: AppWorld 1.1.0.35 Icon Disappeared After Update

If anyone wants to try rolling back to an older version to fix this problem, check out this thread:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-App-World-General/App-World-disappearing-icon-FIX-...

App World 1.1.0.35 missing icon fix (without device wipe): http://bit.ly/AppWorldFix
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
percyflan
My Device: storm 9530
My Carrier: Verizon

Got an update notice today that version 2.0.0.36 available for app world, but I am scared to do the update because it was such a pain last time to get the icon back (I did the security wipe). Anybody do the upgrade yet?  Any luck?

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Tarv
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: MTS Mobility

I was able to upgrade via app world from 1.1.0.33 to 2.0.0.36 today.  Went smoothly!

I did this after fixing app world by downgrading to 1.1.0.33 using this method: http://bit.ly/AppWorldFix

Good luck!

App World 1.1.0.35 missing icon fix (without device wipe): http://bit.ly/AppWorldFix
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
percyflan
My Device: storm 9530

OK.  Went ahead and did the upgrade, and I still have the icon, but still have the issue with the keyboard that won't go away.  So it's really had to navigate the app world.  I don't want to mess with it anymore, so it stays that way for now.

Please use plain text.
Febriani
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Telkomsel

I solved the problem by using the Blackberry Desktop Manager

1) First, you must remove the App World using the Desktop Manager.

2) The icon should appear on the menu, click it and download the application

Good Luck :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
psquared
My Device: Not Specified

Well, it's there somewhere. Perhaps you presssed "Hide" on the icon.

From the main screen, press the Menu key > SHOW ALL so that show all is checked.

the missing icon will appear unhighlighted. highlight it press the menu key again and click the hide

button and it should appear

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bramoss
My Device: Not Specified

Guys is a problem to all of us I don't know what must we do any application ask for upgrade it disappeared you'll find it on application still not working and some of them says error statting any idea I think we must get a contact for blackberry and send them our queries
Please use plain text.
Contributor
danielarbib
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: t-mobile

I had a very similar problem.  Updated App world and found that my phone requested a re-boot.

Niwhere on their site is there any informationa as to what this meant.  In the end I opend up the phone, disconnected the battery and re-connected after a couple of munites and the phone re-booted and all was then OK

Somewhere this should have been notified, surely

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
zakariyya
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: mtn

Hi, I have curve 8520. It is the same prob, after updating my application world icon is nowhere to be found! I did back up and restored but nothing show and whenever I want to re installed it will tell me that the app is already installed. I think this problem should be what you can solve for us without delay. Zakariyya
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,839
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook

zakariyya wrote:
Hi, I have curve 8520. It is the same prob, after updating my application world icon is nowhere to be found! I did back up and restored but nothing show and whenever I want to re installed it will tell me that the app is already installed. I think this problem should be what you can solve for us without delay. Zakariyya

Read Resolution #1 in this link:

BlackBerry App World icon is missing after upgrading to BlackBerry App World 4.0.0.63 to 4.0.0.65

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.