Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
mrsedwards1975
My Device: curve 8530

Re: Problem: AppWorld 1.1.0.35 Icon Disappeared After Update

I have a curve and this problem is irritating me. I will not go thru all those steps becuz I know they don't work. Bb needs 2 replace the update with the older version and let us switch back. So retarded.
New Contributor
veron86
My Device: Not Specified

Tried to reinstall the app world this morning hoping it will work but still no icon!! - Bold 9700 - O2 UK - 5.0.0.421 platform 5.1.0.116 - yes tried everything, reboot, battery pull, removed and re-installed again, -App world 1.1.0.35 - yes thoroughly searched all folders with "show all" on Hopefully something will be done soon!!
New Contributor
vickster9700
My Device: Bold 9700

Hi - I'm having the same problem....tried to uninstall and re-install loads of times.  Partner on Vodafone UK has upgraded without any problems :smileymad:

• Bold 9700
  • Orange UK
  • UK 
  • v5.0.0.586 (Platform 5.1.0.146)
  • Confirmation of the fact that you have indeed attempted the above clean removal and re-installation of the latest version of AppWorld - YES
  • Confirmation that you have thoroughly searched your BB for the icon (no hidden, searched all sub folders, etc.) - YES

Look forward to finding out how to resolve this!

New Contributor
samjag
My Device: Not Specified

•  Storm 2 9520
  • Vodafone
  • Australia
  • v5.0.0.497 (Platform 4.2.0.220)
  • Tried everything 
  • AppWorld version 1.1.0.35
  • Checked everwhere.  It's not there.

New Contributor
marcss
My Device: Tour 9630

Same problem. I got a message in my message box that an upgrade to App world was available. I proceeded with update, it required re-booting , re-booted and now App world Icon is gone. App world appears in my Applications list but no where on home screen, downloads...etc. Deleted app world and rebooted then sent myself a link to update from website , reloaded , rebooted same problem. Deleted again and tried thru desktop same thing. Applications list (under add-ons) says its installed but I can not find app. Also the update notification in my message folder could not be deleted until I deleted app world. Now message is gone and I have deleted app world. Help.

I have a Tour 9630

Verizon

v5.0.0.591

bundle 1059

platform 4.2.0.284

kg4tah
My Device: Tour

I too ran into this problem yesterday as I was prompted to upgrade app world.  I have gone through the normal steps of doing uninstall, re-install, battary pulls, desktop removal, desktop re-install, blah blah blah.  The icon is gone and will not appear for anything.  Wish I would have downloaded the app I needed first before I did the upgrade, grrrrr.  Anyhow, here is my info:

Verizon Blackberry Tour 9630

v5.0.0.591

blackberry app world version installed 1.1.0.35

Also checked all folders for hidden icon and as I guessed, nothing there.

Visitor
arkabu

I have also had the same problem. Clicked on the upgrade link and downloaded it but the icon dissappeared.

Blackberry Bold 9700

V5.0.0.423 (Platform 5.1.0.116)

Carrier Virgin Mobile.

I have noticed that under installed applications Blackberry App World 1.1.0.35 shows up but when I hit menu and bring up modules only 2  of the listed modules show up: net_rim_bb_appworld 1.1.0.35 and net_rim_bb_appworld_resource_en 1.1.0.35. I have done a reboot both by pulling the battery and just by shutting down. Neither have worked. I deleted the app and downloaded it again by connecting the blackberry to the computer but the results were the same.

New Contributor
Keegans
My Device: Curve 8530

Verison

USA

v5.0.0.508 (Platrom 4.2.0.230)

I tried the installation steps noted above. No luck.

I also noticed that not only is the icon gone, but if you try to install the app directly from a link that BB sends you in email, the device does not know how to handle the request as the format is unsupported.

Also, on my Curve, when I went through the reinstallation steps, by device slowed WAY done. It was unusale. I have just completely deleted the app from my phone for now. I'll monitor this thread in hopes that when RIM fixes this problem, I'll be able to reinstall it again without losing the phone functionalilty of my... well phone. (Yes it was so slow it took 2 minutes to type a number to dail, and even before that, it took so long to respond to my hitting the call button that I hit it twice, so it called the first person in my call history... awesome!)

Curwain
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

Hi - I'm having the same problem....tried to uninstall and re-install loads of times.  

• Bold 9700
  • TMObile
  • USA
  • V5.0.0.586 (Platform 5.1.0.146)
  • Confirmation of the fact that you have indeed attempted the above clean removal and re-installation of the latest version of App World - YES
  • Blackberry App World version 1.1.0.35
  • Confirmation that you have thoroughly searched your BB for the icon (no hidden, searched all sub folders, etc.) - YES

Please fix this problem soon!

Curwain

DonRobbery

Same prob here, tried everything

Bold 9700

MTN

South Africa

v5.0.0.423(Platform 5.1.0.116)

Just give us the option to download the old version, this is really annoying