Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Brew672
My Carrier: Vikki Brewer

Re: Problem: AppWorld 1.1.0.35 Icon Disappeared After Update

Been trying to reinstall the app world as listed in these forums but still no icon!! - Bold 9700 - Vodafone UK - 5.0.0.586 platform 5.1.0.146 - yes tried everything, reboot, battery pull, removed and re-installed again, -App world 1.1.0.35 - yes thoroughly searched all folders with "show all" on Hopefully something will be done soon!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
capitalr
My Carrier: O2-UK

im having the same issue with my Bold 9000

hope they sort this out ASAP !

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bfunkera
My Carrier: Verizon

My App world was not working properly so i downloaded the latest upgrade. This is whe the problem began. After dling the upgrade 1) the apps center said i needed to downgrade 2) the icon was nowhere to be found 3) the program was still on my BB as I could find in under applications. I have tried downgrading (but it only lets me DL the current version), deleting it and doing a battery pull and just reinstalling over it, all to no avail. I even got rid of the app that I DL'd right before the new version of app world and that has not done anything. I tried going to Options--Advanced Options--Host Routing Table--BB button, then register now, as someone else mentioned and then resent my service books. Nothing seems to work.

I have done a clean delete and install many times over with the same result. Applications says I have version .35 installed, Apps center says I needs to downgrade and there is no Icon anywhere to be found.

Am I now going to be stuck with a phone that will not allow me access to BB App World. I am using a BB Tour 9630 with OS 5.0.0.591 (bundle 1059 platform 4.2.0.284) on the VZW network in the US of A. Someone please help.

Thanks,

B

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jaysi
My Carrier: Fido

• Bold 9700
  • Fido
  • Canada
  • v5.0.0.586 (Platform 5.1.0.146)
  • Installed twice, reboted when prompted, battery pulls, uninstall then batt. pull then reinstall...nothing...missing icon but it's listed in Applications in options.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MartinvdMark
My Carrier: KPN

Same problem

• Storm 2
  • KPN
  • The Nederlands
  • v5.0.0.497
  • appworld 1.1.0.35
  • have download en installed app world three-times but no icon in the menu. waiting for a new update.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tpulleyn
My Carrier: O2

Still having no luck with the App World issue. Am attaching my details as requested earlier....

• O2 UK 
  • Bold 9700
  • v5.0.0.593 (Platform 5.1.0.147)
  • App World 1.1.0.36
  • BIS Personal Use
  •  

Hope this helps!

Please use plain text.
    Visitor
    davecargill
    My Carrier: Orange - UK

Same problems as above and I've tried all the same solutions as above posters but all with the same results............no icon, anywhere.

Come on RIM get it fixed!!

Please use plain text.
    Janey21W
    My Carrier: 02 UK

Same thing happened to me. Got a message for upgrade followed the instructions and no icon and can't launch blackberry app world. Details as requested as follows:Bold 9700 02 UK UK  v5.0.0.421 (Platform 5.1.0.116) Confirmation of the fact that you have indeed attempted the above clean removal and re-installation of the latest version of AppWorld - YES 1.1.0.35 Confirmation that you have thoroughly searched your BB for the icon (no hidden, searched all sub folders, etc.) - YES
    Please use plain text.
    Visitor
    Garth47
    My Carrier: Orange UK

I have exactly the same problem:

Mine is a Bold 9700 on Orange UK

OS Level: v5.0.0.593 (Bundle 1022, Platform 5.1.0.147)

App has been removed and replaced (both via Desktop Manager and OTA)

AppWorld does NOT show on my installed applications list , but attempting to reinstall shows that  1.1.0.35 is already installed - would you like to replace it with version 1.1.0.35?

The icon is simply not there - not hidden, and not in any other folder/sub-folder.

This represents appalling quality control on the part of RIM which ensures I will be moving to Android when my current contract is up. :smileymad:

Please use plain text.
    Contributor
    rado-steve
    My Carrier: Orange

Yep this has happened to me too!!!

I work for Orange on Tech support that Deal with Blackberry's too...lol

Does anyone from RIM actually read this??? If they do then please comment, Also why Can no new UK subscribers download the HRT atm?????

Right Info is:

• Blackberry 9700
    • Orange UK
    • UK
    • v5.0.0.351 (platform 5.1.0.98)
    • Confirmed I have deleted app world and re-installed
    • I have App world showing in my applications list, v 1.1.0.35
    • It is nowhere to be found on my BB!!

Also after soft re-setting my handset my icon for yahoo mail has gone and BBM now shows no status updates?????

RIM sort it.........

Please use plain text.