Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

raybilyk
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Problem: AppWorld 1.1.0.35 Icon Disappeared After Update

• BlackBerry 8900
  • T-Mobile US
  • United States
  • v5.0.0.509 (Platform 5.2.0.47)
  • Confirmed: Did a clean removal and re-install
  • Confirmed: There is 1.1.0.35 installed under installed apps list
  • Confirmed: The icon is not hidden or under a sub folder
Looking forward to an official RIM response...
Please use plain text.
Contributor
rado-steve
My Device: Blackberry 9700
My Carrier: Orange

Ooh Ooh Ooh...Update Guys..................................

I just updated my phone via BDM....

I now have Software version 5.0.0.586 (platform5.1.0.146) and App word is now firmly back in my menu :smileyhappy:

Yay!!!! Also BBM is now called messenger and not PIN as before and my Yahoo mail Icon has returned!!!

Good Times Guys...Good Times!!!

I strongly suggest doing the Update as it seems to be working for me!!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Djbarro

That is interesting. I downloaded the app world from: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/appworld/download.jsp

I have the yahoo mail folder back but I didn't expect it to come back, since I didn't know it was missing, lol. However, I still don't have the app world (after checking all folders)

Regards,

Dennis. 

Please use plain text.
Visitor
heliumhel
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: ATT

Carrier: ATT

Model: Bold 9700

Platform: 5.1.0.112

Performed about every permintation of the delete/reboot/reinstall/reboot/battery pull.   I could come up with.   Its not hidden or in a folder.   Settings--> applications shows it installed.   Quick Launch tries to execute it, system hangs for about 30 seconds and returns to home screen.   If there weren't so many people with different carriers having issues I would say it smelled of ATT doing the same thing it did to BB Maps on the Bold 9000.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ensantos

After reading so many displeased people around the globe, I decided to solve the problem my own way.  Deleted that app from the device and will not spend any more time troubleshooting what is beyond obvious the biggest "egg" that RIM may have laid in a while...especially in light of this other small company - yes the Newtonian with the fruit for a name - and their on "App Store"...this is a sad example coming from a prestigious global company...not good...as for me, they can keep the AppWorld...no longer interested.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
DJ_NV
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8900
My Carrier: AT&T

I have exactly the same problem: Mine is a Curve 8900 on AT&T. OS Level: v5.0.0.509 (Platform 5.2.0.47) App World has been upgraded to 1.1.0.35 and the icon was up but then it disappeared, I tried rebooting and the battery pull and I tried reinstalling but nothing works. App World does NOT show up it is not hidden, and not in any other folder/sub-folder

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
CDNElmo
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

I have  a BB 9700 with Rogers, and like everyone else I have lost the BB App Icon.

I also get the warning "Uncaught Exception (Net_rim_BB_phone_app(67)" once I reboot the phone.

Anyone else know about the Exception?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
NemiChoco
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

- BlackBerry Bold 9700

- T-Mobile

- U.S.A.

- v5.0.0.586 (Platform 5.1.0.146)

- Ive Try To Install And Reinstall BB App World Version 1.1.0.35 Lots Of Times But The Icon Just Wont Show Up On My Home Page... :'(

- I Checked & UnCheck The Hidden/Show All Icon In Every Folder And Stil Havent Found The BB App World Icon!!!

- I Also When To (Homescreen > Options > Applications) And BB App World Version 1.1.0.35 Says (Installed) But Still No Icon.

!!!PLEASE RIM GET ON THIS PROBLEM I LOVE USING MY BLACKBERRY APP WORLD TO DOWNLOAD AND UPDATE APPS I HAVE ALREADY INSTALL IN MY T-MOBILE BOLD 9700 v5.0.0.586 (Platform 5.1.0.146)!!!

N-Rod
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mlautens
My Device: Tour 9630 OS 5.0.0.591
My Carrier: Verizon

After reading he post in this thread saying an update of the system software fixed the problem, I thought "what the hell can I lose?"

I loaded Desktop Manager and connected my BB. It checked the device software and told me there was an update to the core software and to the enhanced Gmail plugin (whatever that does). I told it to run the update.

When the update finished (and version numbers DID NOT CHANGE, I am still on 5.0.0.591), App World was back and everything is working perfectly. I'm troubled by the fact that the version numbers did not change at all, but Desktop Manager still saw an available update. But! I'll not look a gift horse in the mouth.

I'm not sure if that will help any of you, but for me at least the problem seems to be over. (I hope!)

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
sensei_steve
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

I have a 9700 with the exact same problem.

I've also tried all of the solutions.  Rebooting, reinstalling, battery pulls. etc....  Nothing seems to work.

Can't wait for a solution.

Please use plain text.