Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
GRod
My Device: Bold 9000
My Carrier: Vodafone - Portugal

Re: Problem: AppWorld 1.1.0.35 Icon Disappeared After Update

:smileyhappy:

Many thanks to all contributors... This is an incredible forum, plain of clever and helpful guys!

Problem solved with my BB also (with the procedure of security wipe)... And i didn't lost my videos and photos!! (Thank you Gumuk for the tip, i saved them before! So sorry for yours!).

Please use plain text.
Visitor
aboyes13
My Device: Blackberry Storm 9530
My Carrier: Verizon

Can anyone help me with a related issue - I have the same problem with the app world dissappearing and am still working on some of the suggestions to get it back, but the biggest problem is the message I recieved that notified me there was an update available. It is only in my message folder on my phone, I could read it last night, attempted the update and lost the icon. Now I cannot get the message to open or delete.

Whenever I try to open it or choose the delete option it freezes my whole phone for approx 30 seconds to several minutes at a time. It even asks me to confirm my delete choice and then the little delete icon comes up but just freezes. ITS SO ANNOYING!!! Please help! Has anyone else had this problem as well?

Please use plain text.
Visitor
ivespr
My Device: Storm2
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hi guys,

I've been reading this thread and managed to recover my AppWorld icon, so first of all thanks for fixing that.

I however have one problem as a result.

I have a Storm2 and once I have installed AppWorld, it seems to be only a Bold version where it covers half the screen and is permanently portrait view. I've tried to reinstall but it only shows up in this way.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Alien147
My Device: 9700

[ Edited ]

--deleted--

Please use plain text.
niallb12
My Device: BOLD 9700 v5.0.0.421
My Carrier: 02

Good Morning

OK the wipe & back up did not work for me. Bold 9700 on 02-UK. I have read all these posts thoroughly and it just isnt happening. The only thing I can think of is the fact that I moved the icon directly onto my home page (taking it out of the downloads file).

I still have the 2 modules and am unable to solve this by backing up, wiping (all 3 boxes ticked) and re-installing Apps World.

Help!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Alien147
My Device: 9700

It didn't work for me either. If it means anything, I too had moved my AppWorld Icon to my Home page.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MartinvdMark
My Device: Sotrm 2
My Carrier: KPN

@jsanders

Thanks for your fix.

I just done the security wipe and het app icon is back on my screens.

Within 15 minutes the problem was solved.

To all of you, do the security wipe so jsanders was writing and everything is normal.:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
mcaintic
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Globe Telecoms

Have the same problem with my bold 9700
Please use plain text.
Contributor
capitalr
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: O2-UK

due to me travelling a lot currently, I dont have time to do a security wipe then restore all my contacts/messages etc... there should be a update or something they release or allow us to backdate to the previous version... I guess some of us will just have to wait until app world 2.0 comes out and hope that it doesnt lag on my BB 9000...........

Please use plain text.
ge00166
My Device: Blackberry Storm 2 9550
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

[ Edited ]

JSanders

After several days of trying every suggestion on Crackberry and even contacting Verizon, your post is the only thing that worked! Thanks!!!!! :smileyvery-happy:

Blackberry 8830 and Blackberry Storm 2

Please use plain text.