Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Contributor
peterzz
My Device: Not Specified

Problem downloading App world

Hi , i wanted to download App World but it seems impossible.

I've tried on my PC but the page does not open , when it connects do my blackberry and i want to click foward it cant go foward because there's an error on the page. i've tried on my Blackberry 8900 but i cant because when i go to mobile.blackberry.com to download the App i get a message saying that my device and/or browser are not compatible with ths site.

I've check my requiremments and i meet them all , i have a web service , my software version is 4.6 and i have a track ball (BB 8900)

I am out of ideias to download App World, can anyone help me?

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Problem downloading App world

Hi!

I can't tell if you've already tried, but the best method to get AppWorld onto your BB is to, using a PC/browser, go to this site:

and fill in the form with an email address that comes to your BB. Then, open the email (on the BB) and click on the link -- which will launch your BB browser and conduct the DL/install.

You also need to be sure that you fully meet all conditions documented on this page:

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
peterzz

While trying to download App world from my PC i've got this error axError.gif , what does this mean?? :smileyfrustrated:
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

I don't know...I suggest you try the method I've recommended.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
nikmidco

BB App World is available only to specific networks, so i think i cant download it. i get a msg:

Notice

Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support BlackBerry App World.

though i am using V 4.6 on my curve, it still doesnt meet the requirement.

ok, so maybe i cant download it (why i just dont know) i have been able to download all other apps (FB, MSN, GMAPS, etc) i have a full BB plan with my network. i can download any other apps for which i do not have to go through BB App World.

i really want some of those apps available so isnt there any other way i can download those apps on the PC and then load it on the phone using the desktop manager?

please help

Nik

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

hello,

with all application shops for BlackBerry device except AppWorld, you can download ALX/COD files and install it through Desktop Manager.

handango, mobihand, bplay, getjar...

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
nikmidco

thanks Xandrex,

so basically i cant download from bb apps, which site can i get more bb apps from?

nik

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

handango, mobihand, bplay, getjar...

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
nikmidco

ohhhh!!!

sorry forgot to read that on your previous thread, new year is making me a but slow.

thanks

New Contributor
BBsquared

Wait a minute... is that the only answer to not being able to download App World?

I've been getting that same message "Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support Blackberry App World" for a couple of years now! I don't have a lot of free time to screw around with finding answers, or trying to download apps that never seem to work...but every time I have tried, that is what I get! I've looked for answers too, but this one here is all I've found.

I let it go, because I have to... but not having an answer for this is almost unacceptable. App World is [almost]  the equivalent of iTunes or App Store for the iPhone... which I'm considering changing to. Not because I don't love my Blackberry...I DO love my BlackBerry! But because I can't seem to go beyond what came with it! And don't have time to fuss around with it either.

One problem that was not mentioned anywhere, and could be the reason my attempt never goes through, is that when I finally get to the Download site on my BBerry, it asks for the language I would like for the update... there's a dropdown list to choose from, but won't drop down, no matter how I click on it. I try to proceed, hoping that the default is English... but then I get the "Sorry, too freaking bad for you" message mentioned above.

There must be a way to proceed.