Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

sjnims
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Problem generating the License key

I ended up contacting the company via email and they emailed me  the activation key within 24 hours. Program activated immediately...thanks for your help!
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

sjnims wrote:
I ended up contacting the company via email and they emailed me  the activation key within 24 hours. Program activated immediately...thanks for your help!

Repligo is a pretty decent company, so... I'm glad you're up and running!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
jeffgbrock
My Device: Not Specified

I had the same problem with the same program.  Finally got it sorted out.

I called customer service at RIM when this occured and spoke to someone who told me she would look into it and email me.  The email I got was priceless.  It said a) we see that you did not get the program.  b) we don't know why.  c) there is nothing we can do. and d) no refunds will be issued.

Now I see that the program has gone to 1.4 from the version 1.3 I bought.  Everyone that bought this program for the developer directly or through another vendor has been given a free upgrade.  Not here.  My app world says it wants to be paid again for the upgrade and it can't find the server anyway. 

I think we can safely say I will not use this service again.  It was obviously rushed out before it was ready.  I mean, seriously, the advice from the customer service is to contact the developer for help?  Then what are you doing to earn your cut of the money?

Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

[ Edited ]

They are administering the App World and giving developers a high profile place to list their apps - that's what they get for their cut.  Think of it like a mall rental.  BlackBerry App World is the mall.  They charge their tenants rent to use the space in their mall.  When you go to a mall and have a problem with something, do you go to the store you purchased from or do you go to the mall's head office?  My guess is that you usually start by going to the store for assistance.  Same thing here.  My suggestion is to contact the developer... most reputable developers will provide a license key no problem (although we have been seeing some problems with some developers).  The catch is that because today is Friday, you may be waiting until Monday for a response.

Otherwise, if you have problems with this, you should consider contacting PayPal for assistance in recovering your money.

Message Edited by Krypto on 04-17-2009 02:21 PM

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!