Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Problem with refreshing My World

In that case, the only thing I can think of is to reload your OS and start clean:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
Newfie
My Device: Curve 9360/7.1.0.219

Okay, Thanks for the help!!
Contributor
Newfie
My Device: Curve 9360/7.1.0.219

[ Edited ]

Well I reloaded the os and I still have the problem.....

New Contributor
icbw
My Device: Playbook

This worked on my Curve 8530. Latest upgrade of app world on 4-25-12 removed my icons for apps. I did the fix suggested and all came back.
Thanks
New Contributor
desperatedan
My Device: 9800 Torch

Hi There,

Newbie here - so hope i am writing this in the correct forum....

My son recently had is BB stolen so I gave him my old Torch 9800.

I had already backed up his old BB via Desktop Software so restored his data onto the Torch 9800.

All is working fine, except when he clicks on BlackBerry app World and then on "MyWorld" - it comes up with "Refreshing Application List" with a swirling Green logo (as if its doing something...) BUT no matter how long we wait, nothing happens and the screen continuallky says "Refreshing application list"??

Any ideas?

Thanks

Dan

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

desperatedan wrote:

Hi There,

Newbie here - so hope i am writing this in the correct forum....

My son recently had is BB stolen so I gave him my old Torch 9800.

I had already backed up his old BB via Desktop Software so restored his data onto the Torch 9800.

All is working fine, except when he clicks on BlackBerry app World and then on "MyWorld" - it comes up with "Refreshing Application List" with a swirling Green logo (as if its doing something...) BUT no matter how long we wait, nothing happens and the screen continuallky says "Refreshing application list"??

Any ideas?

Thanks

Dan

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please try the steps up in message 3 of this post. Given what you describe, you may have to skip the first attempt to enter MyWorld since you cannot get it in there...but it should work OK even from the main AppWorld screen.

Prior to this point, have you logged the BB into it's BB ID already? You should be using the same credentials as were on the prior BB, and that should shift everything over to this BB.

Are other services working? Email? Browsing? Etc?

Has the carrier fully shifted all services over to this new BB?

Just some things to get started with...good luck and let us know!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
desperatedan

Hi Thanks for your reply.

Yes all other services are working fine - its just the app world.

I did as you suggested (before I clicked on MyWorld) and it then prompted me to  log back into App World with my ID. I have done this and then as soon as I click on MyWorld the dreaded "Refreshing application List" appears again and although the green circle continues to revolve - nothing happend and the screen continually shows "Resfreshing application List" ??

Any Other ideas welcome.

Thanks

Dan

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

OK...try this next...

1) Remove AppWorld from your BB (Homescreen > Options > Advanced Options > Applications...this sequence may vary based on your BB OS) -- if it requests that you reboot the BB, do so.

2) Do a normal Batt-Pull reboot (power ON, remove battery, wait, insert battery, wait for reboot)

3) Install (on your BB) a fresh copy of AppWorld

4) Do another Batt-Pull reboot (even if one was done in step 3)

5) See if it now works.

Cheers!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
desperatedan

BRILLIANT !! - That did the trick !

Thanks so much for your help.

Cheers

Dan

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

You are most welcome...enjoy!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates