Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
yhldispatch
My Device: Curve 9320

Problems receiving Blackberry Messenger messages since Oct 30/12

My BBM messages are being delayed (by more than 6 hours) or are not getting sent or received, at least since yesterday (October 30).  I am in BC, so the European outages shouldn't be affecting me, should they? Anyone have any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Retired
SmoothRider
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: Problems receiving Blackberry Messenger messages since Oct 30/12

Hello yhldispatch

Welcome to the forums. 

Does this happen with all of your contacts or just some? As a test add your own PIN to BlackBerry® Messenger and then test with sending yourself messages to see if you still have the delay. 

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
yhldispatch
My Device: Curve 9320

Re: Problems receiving Blackberry Messenger messages since Oct 30/12

Not sure if it's all contacts, but it has been sporadic... On Wednesday (Oct 31) I got some messages but not others, and I think I was able to send messages OK.  One contact who I wasn't getting messages from powered off his phone, and then it seemed to work for a bit, but then I tried to send messages to him and another contact, and they sat with a little clock face (instead of the checkmark and "D" or "R").  So then I tried powering off, and they eventually went.  But this morning, another contact has been trying to send messages, and I am not getting them.  He has the pin for my new phone, but he is not even showing up in my BBM contact list.

Please use plain text.