Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Contributor
RachelRawr
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: O2
Accepted Solution

Problems with getting BB world to work :( Please help MME

Hi there :smileyhappy: So I've installed BB World onto my phone, but when I go onto it this is what happens;

1. 'Blackberry ID

App World requires the latest version of Blackberry ID.

Close   or     Update'

2. So I click update, then this is what it says;

' App World requires the latest version of Blackberry ID.'

'The software upgrade was interrupted. Please try again.'

'Close   or     Retry'

3. I press on retry multiple times, but nothing happens. So, I give up and press the escape button. Then this         pops up;

'Blackberry ID installation failed. Please try again later. (80002)' So then I press 'OK' and it brings me back to the homescreen.

Please help me, I've been trying to search for a solution for two days all over the internet, but no luck.

Thanks, replies much appreciated. :smileysad:

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Problems with getting BB world to work :( Please help MME

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

While for a slightly different error code, here is a KB that discusses that problem:

• KB29613 The error "BlackBerry Identity installation failed. Please try again later. (80003)" is displayed within BlackBerry App World

Hopefully it contains something useful! There also are multiple existing threads on this site that discuss that exact error...your review of those might prove useful, and a search of this site, using the error message, error code, or symptom, should reveal all applicable existing threads to you.

Some have also reported that removing, from their BB, the Identity app, and then re-trying AppWorld will allow the proper Identity app to install to their BB:

• KB10040 How to view or remove installed applications on a BlackBerry smartphone

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
RachelRawr

Thank you very much for your quick reply and useful info.

I tried the second workaround on KB29613 and so far, it's in the middle of downloading, so far so good!

Not completeley sure if it will 100% work yet, I'll let you know in the next few minutes or so.

Thank you sososososososososooo!!! much! I've been so frustrated about this lol

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

You are most welcome...that's why this site exists, after all, so that users can help other users with the things that go wrong.

Cheers!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
RachelRawr

Neither of these suggestions have worked :/

When I posted that most recent post, I just realised that when it was downloading, it just sticked at 0%.

So I tried KB10040 but the problem is I don't have the Identity app (even on modules) :smileysad:

Have you got any more suggestions?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

OK, then please try this sequence:

1) Remove AppWorld from your BB

• KB10040 How to view or remove installed applications on a BlackBerry smartphone
  • If it requests that you reboot the BB, do so

2) Do a Batt-Pull reboot (power on, remove battery, wait, insert battery, wait), even if redundant to the one you did in step 1.

3) Triple check that no app for Identity exists anywhere...if there is anything, remove it and reboot again

4) Install (on your BB) a fresh copy of AppWorld

5) Do another Batt-Pull reboot

6) See if it now works.

Cheers!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
RachelRawr

On the third party apps there are about a dozen appworld modules, but it wont let me delete any of them, however, there is a appworld app in Add On apps, should I delete that instead? 

I did a Batt pull, but it when it was downloading it just stuck at 0% again.

Could you reccomend places to look for the identity app? (Sorry, I only got my bb at Christmas so I''m not an expert lol)

Thanks a bunch

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

RachelRawr wrote:

On the third party apps there are about a dozen appworld modules, but it wont let me delete any of them, however, there is a appworld app in Add On apps, should I delete that instead? 

Yes.

RachelRawr wrote:

I did a Batt pull, but it when it was downloading it just stuck at 0% again.

Downloading what? And, in those steps, you'd not yet be to the batt pull, would you? Maybe I'm lost...

RachelRawr wrote:

Could you reccomend places to look for the identity app? 

There is nowhere to get it...rather, getting it properly removed will cause it to automatically re-download. That's what we're needing to do...cleanse it completely from the BB so that the auto-download/install can properly complete.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
RachelRawr

I deleted the AppWorld, did a bat pull (You said do a batt pull as the 2nd step if you look at your last post)

(And when I said downloading I meant downloading Blackberry ID)

There is deifinitey no sign of the Identity app anywhere.

So I'm installing a fresh copy of appworld at the moment, I'll let you know how it goes within half and hour.

Sorry, I must seem like a real pain in the backside :Oops:

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

RachelRawr wrote:

I deleted the AppWorld, did a bat pull (You said do a batt pull as the 2nd step if you look at your last post)

Yes, but step 1 was to remove AW, which, based on your question, you'd not yet done...so you'd not yet have been on to step 2...

RachelRawr wrote:

(And when I said downloading I meant downloading Blackberry ID)

Oh! So you'd proceeded before I had answered that question...OK...I think I'm understanding you now...

RachelRawr wrote:

So I'm installing a fresh copy of appworld at the moment, I'll let you know how it goes within half and hour.

Cool.

RachelRawr wrote:

Sorry, I must seem like a real pain in the backside :Oops:

Not at all! I wouldn't volunteer my time here if I didn't want to help!

Cheers!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.