Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Developer
hippocamp
My Device: Not Specified

RIM - Can you hear us?

Can we have some feedback please? There's obviously some trouble especially for UK users, can you let us know that you're aware of the issue and what to expect, how long? etc etc.

We'd be forever grateful.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Brodie
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700

Re: RIM - Can you hear us?

Hi hippocamp,

We are definitely listening to your concerns, and if you could provide details of any issue you are seeing, we will be glad to assist with this, as well as other users who are experiencing this as well.

Thank you for your participation in this exciting new application!

Do you have questions about your BlackBerry smartphone?

Go to mobile.blackberry.com on your BlackBerry smartphone to enter your question and get instant answers!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Nomek
My Device: Curve 8310

Hi Brodie

It seems like a lot of UK users are unable to access App World after downloading the app.

We are getting messages similar to "Upgrade your service to a plan that includes browsing and discover a world of possibilities at BlackBerry App World. Contact your service provider for more details." when clicking the app.

This affects various handsets and various carriers,so we are guessing it is at your end.

There is a link on the Vodafone site from a Vodafone staff member which also explains here http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=22007

Thanks in advance

Please use plain text.
Contributor
tdf8
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Re: RIM - Can you hear us?

I get the message that my 8900 on Orange isn't of the correct spec! Its all over forums everywhere! I'm with Orange using a 8900 and I'm getting the same message. Phoned Orange & as soon as I told them what BB I had they knew my problem! They say the problem affects all 8900 & 9000 BB's on all networks in UK & they're talking to BB about it. If you phone 150 to tell them, then they will phone back when problem solved.
Please use plain text.
Developer
hippocamp

[ Edited ]

if you search for 'appworld' on twitter you'll see a lot (most? all?) of UK users can't connect and are under the impression their brand new devices are outmoded.

also check the comments on boygenius's piece - uk users cannot connect. same story on the crackberry article - hell of a lot of people being told they don't have a dataplan and/or their devices don't meet the spec (when they have storms/bolds).

it seems to affect all uk carriers.

personal experience:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=appworld_dev&thread.id=165

and:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=appworld_dev&thread.id=167

the BIS device i can actually get the thing installed on seems to fall over BEFORE it's connected to the network in any way...

Message Edited by hippocamp on 04-01-2009 10:58 AM
Please use plain text.
Developer
hippocamp

[ Edited ]

They've changed the WAP site and am now able to install on the BES device - a bit of transparancy would be nice guys... same old Rim!

Message Edited by hippocamp on 04-01-2009 11:20 AM
Please use plain text.