If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World

New Contributor
scottamacmillan
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers Communications

Remember App - some notes available in Evernote, some in Outlook, some only on Z10 - how can I access all?

I had hundreds of notes on my old BB Bold. When I upgraded to Z10, the notes transfered over to the Remember App, which was great. I connected the Remember app to Evernote, and it sync'd so that my Evernote folders and notes are available on the Z10. Similarly, I'm able to access my Outlook notes in Remember thanks to the Outlook Exchange server connection.

The problem I have is, the Remember app is the only place I can access all of these. I'd actually like to have a single source for all my notes that I can access from Z10, or my PC, or any internet connection - e.g. Evernote.

As I investigate further, it seems that each folder in Remember is set to sync to either Evernote, my Outlook account, or not at all. This sync setting cannot be changed from what I can tell. I can go into individual notes, and change the folder that they're kept in, however it seems I can only move them to folders that have the same sync setting (ie. Evernote to Evernote, Outlook to Outlook, none to none).

Anyone have any suggestions? I'm at a loss. Remember would be so much more useful for me if I could solve this.

Many thanks,

-sm-

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Remember App - some notes available in Evernote, some in Outlook, some only on Z10 - how can I access all?

Do you have all those same Notes in Outlook? If so, install the Evernote app on your computer and then transfer all your Notes from Outlook into Evernote. Unfortunately, Outlook won't "sync" with Evernote so you can't keep Outlook and Evernote matched but once you move it all to Evernote then you can use Evernote exclusively on all your devices.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
scottamacmillan
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Rogers Communications

Re: Remember App - some notes available in Evernote, some in Outlook, some only on Z10 - how can I access all?

John_Clark wrote:
Do you have all those same Notes in Outlook? If so, install the Evernote app on your computer and then transfer all your Notes from Outlook into Evernote. Unfortunately, Outlook won't "sync" with Evernote so you can't keep Outlook and Evernote matched but once you move it all to Evernote then you can use Evernote exclusively on all your devices.

That should do the trick for getting the Outlook notes into Evernote, thanks, John! Though not for the ones that are only on the Z10 (unfortunately, the bulk of the ones I'm trying to solve for). And your suggestion re: using Evernote exclusively once all are sync'd makes good sense - will do that, and hopefully avoid the same problem in the future.

Thanks for the help.

If anyone has any suggestions for getting the Remember notes that are only on ther Z10 over to either Outlook or Evernote, I'd be very grateful.

-sm-

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Unfortunately, for the ones existing on the device and not sync'd to anything I don't know that there is a way to do that.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AlfonsoL
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Movistar

Is easy to create a new notebook in Remember but, how do you sync it to Evernote?. I have my Remember full of notes (migration from BB Bold to BB Q10) in my Q10 and I'm trying to use Evernote both in my laptop and smartphone, as it's the only way to keep both synchronized, but I'm not able to move the notes out from Remember!. Any help?

I'm using BBQ10 and Lenovo X230i W8.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

That's the same problem as posted above. There is no easy way to get them from Remember into Evernote. You may have to manually copy/paste them from Remember into Evernote.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AlfonsoL

hi, thanks for the quick answer.

Do you mean open each note in Remember, select the whole text with the fingers in the Q10, then cut, then go to Evernote, create a new note, then paste and starting over again?

OMG!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

I don't know of any other way. Sorry.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AlfonsoL

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark

That works fine if your Notes are also in Outlook. In this case I don't think they are.
Please use plain text.