Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

My Device: Not Specified

Removing "Download App World from home page in browser

I have my home page on my browser set up as google.com. Every once in awhile it defaults to Blackberry App World download page. I try to go in and change it in "options" back to google.com, but it won't let me. Eventually(and I have no idea why) it will all of a sudden go back to google.com when I push "home". It is more annoying than anything. I have even pressed the "download" before and that seems to solve the problem, but then a couple days later, it will do it again and ask me to download it again. I have gone into options-advanced options-applications to try to remove Blackberry App World thinking that might help, but it isn't there. I just want my home page to STAY on google.com and quit changing randomly to the "Blackberry App World download page" Any ideas?
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Removing "Download App World from home page in browser

can you detail the "BlackBerry App World download" page ? Are you sure it's not the mobile.blackberry.com/ website (that has a big link to the AppWorld) ?
if that's the case, then it's just a matter of configuring your brower.

it is possible that you have a BlackBerry browser with the google.com homapage, and another BlackBerry browser with your homepage.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: