Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
Hydrannt
My Device: Not Specified

Reset BB ID for App World

I have tried several times to resent my BB ID. I enter my answer to the secret question and am then told that an email with a link to reset my password will be sent my way. The email never arrives. I have been trying this for a week and keep waiting for an email on my BB or PC. Can't login to App World. There also doesn't seem to be a way to simply start over with a new email address...help please !

Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Reset BB ID for App World

Hi there,

Try accessing the BlackBerry ID login site from your computer to ensure everything is working correctly from there.  You can log in here: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/id/

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
vtybee
My Device: curve 8350i

I had the same problem and was beginning to think I would have to pay BB tech support to get this fixed. I realized BB had entered another email address of mine on my BB device. I changed the email address and now everything is working.

Maranatha
New Contributor
vtybee
My Device: curve 8350i

Also Krypto's suggestion to login on the pc website triggered my memory as to what was happening.

Maranatha
Elite I
Krypto

Excellent!  Glad yours is up and running at the very least!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

New Contributor
Hydrannt
My Device: Not Specified

Hi Krypto,

Thanks for the suggestion... same chain of events on my PC. No password reset email arrives. Any other thoughts?

Elite I
Krypto

Hydrannt wrote:

Hi Krypto,

Thanks for the suggestion... same chain of events on my PC. No password reset email arrives. Any other thoughts?

Ok, if you're getting the same problem on a computer, then the email address may not have been set up correctly in the first place.  For example, you may have simply missed a letter when setting it up initially.

Because of this, I'd recommend setting up a new BlackBerry ID.  If you do end up using the same email address exactly, then the system will tell you, but my guess is that the email address you used initially is incorrect, so setting it up the second time should work no problem.  :smileyhappy: