Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Developer
babygodzilla
My Device: Not Specified

STILL having BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the App World server!!!!

Network:  AT&T

Data Plan:  Unlimited BIS

Device:  Bold 9000

Firmware:  4.6.0.216

App World Version:  .28

Error Message:  "BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry App World server.  Verify you network connections and try again.

this is really frustrating

prince924

Re: STILL having BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the App World server!!!!

Network:  T-Mobile

Data Plan:  Unlimited

Firmware:  4.6.0.216

Error Message:  "BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry App World server.  Verify you network connections and try again.

I am havingthe same problem!

New Contributor
MNAL

Re: STILL having BlackBerry App World is having trouble connecting to the App World server!!!!

Network:  T-Mobile

Data Plan:  Unlimited

Device:  Curve 8320

Firmware:  4.5.0.81

Error Message:  "Failed to transmit" the other one says "Local connection timed out after~120000"

Please Help!

Developer
maskau
My Device: Tour 9630 on AT&T

Network:  AT&T

Data Plan:  Unlimited BIS

Device:  Storm 9500

Firmware:  4.7.0.114

Blackberry Enterprise Server: Yes

"....A smart man will realize that he knows nothing and has everything to learn....."
Developer
babygodzilla

any help on this? Cereal, did you get my messages?
Retired
BerrySmart
My Device: 8310

Good Morning everyone!

I just want to let you all know that we have been actively reading the information from your posts, and we found most of the cases that AppWorld won’t work on the BlackBerry smartphone due to missing the requirements.

I just want to confirm one thing about the service plan on BlackBerry smartphone; the BIS service plan provides functionality for personal email service. It’s completely separate from Browsing service, which is required to browse the internet. You can verify the service plan with your carrier or you can provide us your PIN number, and we can verify the plan for you (it may take sometime for us to do so). In addition, you can also take a look at this great article KB11678:

Title: Unable to connect to the Internet with the BlackBerry smartphone

Link: www.BlackBerry.com/btsc/KB11678

We really appreciate your time and patient to work with us!

BerrySmart! 

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

BerrySmart wrote:

Good Morning everyone!

You RIM employees work on Easter day? oh well, I won't complain. Thanks :smileyvery-happy:

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
gregzak1

Still having the same issue, private message with PIN sent.
New Contributor
Gabriel_Postole

Hello.

This error used to occur on version 1.0.0.27 whenever I tried to download a game.

Now on 1.0.0.28, the issue still occurs but only after I download the game.

This issue occurs to me on a BlackBerry 9000 bold, on Vodafone UK.

Here are the steps of my problem:

1. Buy Game
2. Confirm Payment Screen
3. There was a problem connecting to the payment system. Your transaction may not have not been processed. Please go to "My World" and choose Log In from the menu to reconcile your purchase.
4. Go to My world / Log In / Reinstall
5. BB App World is having trouble connecting to the BlackBerry App World Server. Verify your network connections and try again.

This happens every time.

Please let me know when the new appworld version is launched.

I cannot emphasize the urgency of this matter. I am sure you are aware that in the meanwhile BlackBerry and RIM have charged me quite a few bucks while delivering no service!!! I am sure you are aware now that the consequences of launching a product with such a huge popularity without it going thorugh any QA can be more than dire.

I am happy to help you with any testing issues and offer you my services as an experinced QA tester. Unfortunatelly I can only work with my Vodafone UK simm and 2 BlackBerry Models: 9000 and 9500.

Good Luck,

-Gabriel Postole 

New Contributor
RoadWarrior

Network:  Rogers

Data Plan:  BIS

Firmware:  4.6.0.162

App World Version:  .26

I am having the same problem when I try to update an app I already bought.  In My World it shows the upgrade is available but when I choose upgrade, and replace the current version, I also get the trouble connecting message.  I read all of the articles but they all deal with connection issues, which I don't have except for app world.  Broweser works fine otherwise.