Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World

New Contributor
buzburbank
My Device: Q10

Searching for BB10 apps at AppWorld

Is there a way to search only BB10 apps at AppWorld on the web?  It seems that I'm spending an inordinate amount of time searching (title, genre, etc.) and then having to select specific apps and then click on Supported Devices for each one.  While this is frustrating for me, as I'm trying to decide whether to move up to BB10 from my 9930 and app availability is definitely a factor, I can only imagine how BB's prospective customers react when they just want to find out what the new BBs can do.

The cynical side of me wants to chalk this up to BB's own lack of confidence in its app offerings.  After all, what would happen if someone did a search for BB10 apps, sorted the results by most popular, and didn't see several of the high-profile apps that seem to dominate the myriad 'wish lists' posted here and elsewhere.  My hope is that BB recognizes the value of streamlining searches and I am simply not fully utilizing the search engine.  (I'm not a huge iFan, but Apple does seem to have done a decent job of distinguishing iPhone, iPad, and iPod search results, even for apps that exist in different fashions across the multiple platforms.)

Also, can I safely assume that AppWorld searches on BB10 will only return fully compatible apps?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
BillJ
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Searching for BB10 apps at AppWorld

buzburbank wrote:

Also, can I safely assume that AppWorld searches on BB10 will only return fully compatible apps?

Yes, that's correct.  Any search from your phone will yield results compatible with your phone.  No result, no compatibility.

As for searching for specific BB10 apps, I'm not aware that it can be done.

Cheers.  :smileyhappy:

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Please use plain text.