Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
maccaquacker
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Shazam encore apparently not available

Back when rim failed to provide me with an adequate service I downloaded the Shazam encore app they were offering for free. After recently purchasing a new bold 9790 I attempted to redownload the app from my world but am told it is unavailable for my device which is clearly a lie as I can still purchase the app myself.

has anyone got any ideas on this, if rim are not allowing me to download it again I find this truly disgracefand but hopefully I am about to be proven wrong. Also, Is there an official support email channel I coupset omupset om

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Shazam encore apparently not available

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

It is likely that the version of Shazam Encore you were given was one of the promotional versions, and has likely been removed from the normal AW display after the promotion ended. But, it should remain in your AW Uninstalled list, and you should be able to reinstall it from there.

As for formal front line support to end users, RIM provides zero (this is a contractual restriction on everyone). ALL Formal support starts with the carriers, authorized resellers, and authorized service centers...all who can escalate cases into RIM that they cannot handle (yes, even including AW issues). End users are not allowed (contractually) to bypass RIM...only via escalation can they reach RIM.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.