Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Trusted Contributor
rapattack
My Device: 9000
Accepted Solution

Skype for Blackberry in Australia?

Hi i have been trying to find out for a while now what Blackberrys can have skype installed in Australia. There is very little info out there and it seems to be favouring US customers. Also if anyone has skype installed whats it like? If you have IM installed which one do you use and does it work as i have only seen negative comments about IM+. Thanks :0)

Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800

Re: Skype for Blackberry in Australia?

Skype for BlackBerry is available for Verizon customers only. You can get to know some info on it from Skype web site.

IM+ Talk is the alternative for Skype in BlackBerry. But you'll have to use your device as wakie-talkie. Meaning you'll have to press and hold convenience key to transmit voice and release the button to listen other person.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Trusted Contributor
rapattack

Yeah no you must not be in Australia. We don't have that company here and the research i did showed that 3 does do skype and some companies but there is no complete info.

I noticed there is im+ talk and pro version. I have the free version and did read about the walkie talkie thing but i have no seen good reviews. Have you used it and what version pro or talk version? :0) thanks

Elite II
tanzim

rapattack wrote:

Yeah no you must not be in Australia. We don't have that company here and the research i did showed that 3 does do skype and some companies but there is no complete info.

I noticed there is im+ talk and pro version. I have the free version and did read about the walkie talkie thing but i have no seen good reviews. Have you used it and what version pro or talk version? :0) thanks

To the best of knowledge Skype doesn't support any operator other then Verizon.Check the below link : http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/get-skype/on-your-mobile/skype-mobile/blackberry/

IM+ Talk: It supports Skype text based chatting and voice. Check the details here: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/38/?lang=en

IM+ Pro: It supports text based chatting in Skype. Check details here: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/439/?lang=en

tanzim                                                                                  

Trusted Contributor
rapattack

Thanks yeah i have read all of those things before. I noticed there is lots of misinformation around and wanted to know if anyone has direct experience....ok so maybe the talk version might be worth trying of IM+ but would be nice to hear from someone that has actually used it...thanks very much for your help though :0)

Elite II
tanzim

I hope below screen shots will be make you understand that I've experience on using that app!

BBScreenie2013_01_07_16_41_30.pngBBScreenie2013_01_07_16_42_39.png

tanzim                                                                                  

Trusted Contributor
rapattack

Oh sorry i misunderstood. I thought u were just quoting and not going by personal experience. So worth the money then....hmmmmm might rethink it then...thanks so much

Elite II
tanzim

You're welcome. Please resolve the thread by accepting the solution.

tanzim                                                                                  

Trusted Contributor
rapattack

Unfortunately it never did work on my BB which is a shame. I heard BB10 might be running Skype but no sites mention australian customers...geez