Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World

Visitor
paulindr
My Carrier: Orange

Software suppliers who spam!!!

Do blackberry read feedback like this? Tgere appears to be no other route to them!!! I'm sick to death of software suppliers who spam. In my opinion, an example isThe Jared Company. At this very moment, my blackberry has a gold star in the verytop of the screen. It implies I have a message. However, I could not find the message anywhere. The star is not clickable, clicking on it does NOT take you to its source. I belive Blackberry should ban apps that do this. I do not want the distrubutors of apps to email me, ever, but I'm even more certain that I do not want their non-clickable notifications that force to seach for the source, to delete it, before the notification goes away. Blackberry, if you're reading this (?), control your app suppliers so that stop molesting your users with annoying unclickable notifications!!!
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,747
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Software suppliers who spam!!!

Very likely when you downloaded whatever app, you agreed to "communications", etc., and the app probably has in it's description something like "contains items for sale".

Anyway, you can delete that notification by deleting the app.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.