Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Contributor
mdfadhlan
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: (Solution) Yahoo messenger log in problem invalid username/password

I'm facing this problem too; already all the necesary steps but still got the same error.  Plz sombody from RIM help us on this. 

New Contributor
whirecomet
My Device: 9780

agree with u.. rim is just s**k!! how come a service company doesnt have customer support line that can be contacted 27/7/365??? instead they just channel us to this forum and hope one of its customer can find solutions to its other customer. shame on u RIM!!
samuelandrianto
My Device: curve 8330

Hi, since yesterday I had the same problem, always "invalid username/password".
I already tried :
1.FeelDennis recommendation
2.Change my password
3.Using different username and password
In the other hand, there in no problem if I using YM mobile.
Please advice.
Regard,

Samuel
New Contributor
nitro93n
My Device: torch

I'm also having the same problem on yahoo messenger and from what I review there is a missing service book from yahoo messenger. You may check with other BB user.
The big problem new is I can't even get it back. I have done all the things even using the backup file to upload the service book from and yet it failed.
I also log in from service provider website ad request to sent the service book and yet its also fail.
I'm still searching for the solution. To get RIM or blackberry support???? forget about it... their support is worst then other company.
Contributor
mdfadhlan
My Device: Bold 9700

Try to download back your service book bro.From Email setting> press the BB menu>service book>send service book. It will download all service book for email and for yahoo/gtalk too.
ChristineT
My Device: Balckberry 9780

Hi Everyone,

I don't know what happened but it suddenly worked again.  after doing lal the suggestions, I gave up on waiting ofr help from RIM and yahoo, so everyday i just try to log in and still get the message.  Last night, I opened my PC nad loginto my YM in my pc, then while my ym in my pc is open, i tried logging in again on my ym in my blackberry and surprisingly, i was able to do so.  Not sure if it was just pure luck but no harm in trying.  good luck and i hope i dont lose my ym anymore :smileyhappy:

New Contributor
whirecomet
My Device: 9780

when i read christine's post, i tried 2 log in n it worked!! thanks 4 ur post. if u didnt tell us, i wouldnt ever 2 try 2 login ym again coz i've had lost my hope..
New Contributor
redbahemoth
My Device: Curve 8900 ( Javelin )

Now my YM works again, but i dont know how, but after i read ChristineT's post, i think i did like she did but i did it accidently, because before i log in to my YM on my blackberry, i used to log in on my iPhone. i think her solution is works.. :smileyvery-happy:

But still disappointed for RIM Support team. :Dots:

Visitor
yo3die
My Device: Curve 9330

help... my YM is still not working... i have tried that solution but nothing happened...and still caanot log in.. it said "Username or password is invalid.." is there anyone have another solution?
New Contributor
enaira0531
My Device: blackberry curve 9300

Hi. I've been looking for the solution of this problem too. Unfortunately, nothing works for me. But I when reinstall my YM and it starts working. I'm not sure if this would work.. But all I did was I erased the history of my yahoo file in the file folder manually. Here are the steps: Home> Applications> Files> File folders> Device memory> home> user> im> yahoo> yahoo id - then I deleted my yahoo id folder. Then try to sign in. Hope this would help. :smileyhappy: