Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

weightlossnyc
My Device: 8900

Some apps never delete from AppWorld

Hi some apps seem to remain in appworld as "archived" yet can never be "uninstalled" :smileysurprised:

Examples include "DailyQuote" (56k), "Forward Reply and Edit" (82k), "Homes for Sale by Smarter Agent" (634k) :smileymad:

All of these apps were well behaved when ran and obviously archived. Is it harmful to delete from SHDC card if still there? I don't really need the space (yet) but clearly a few apps don't interact properly via myappworld management. Really don't want to have to nag each appmaker as it seems to have happened more than just one time.

Have battery pulled etc. 8900 from t-moron. 8G SDHC card, ...

--

* Download our free Weight Loss Assistant app today ~ http://weightlossnyc.com
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
class1dave
My Device: Storm

Re: Some apps never delete from AppWorld

:smileysad:Its one of those RIM screwups... they never delete. I've spent all morning on my bell tech support and they keep trying to get rid of me because they can't delete anything.

I need to free up some space and it won't let me. Reinstall, uninstall and the damned crapware keeps archiving it. I heard from tech support and the said the problem is with the crapware called App World. You have to uninstall the entire App World and then reinstall the apps you want... one by one. 3rd party software companies want to burden users with this crapware experience as does RIM. The only temporary way to deal with it is to delete it... then it archives it... then go in and delete the app manually and tell it to hide the icon for the application.

The RIM OS is just not written well enough to allow deleting of icons in the downloads folder. Its buggy... its a pain in the neck and RIM just does not know how to keep customers satisfied with basic operating system functionality.:smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
class1dave
My Device: Storm

Re: Some apps never delete from AppWorldI

[ Edited ]

:smileysad:

I did as tech support said... delete app world. Then I turned off my storm and pulled the battery and rebooted.

Sure... the app world was gone but lots of apps still remained in the downloads folder.

So I reinstalled app world... and the buggy RIM OS put the app world icon in my applications folder, not in the downloads folder where it is suppose to be.

OK... so I moved app world back to my downloads folder where all the apps are. Then I ran app world and it only lists 4 apps now, two of which are listed as uninstalled. So I tried to delete them and it said ok but still lists them in my world... Can't RIM get anything right...? No!

Meanwhile, the deleted apps no longer show up in my downloads folder which is good. But why are only two of the installed apps listed in my world? What about the other apps that are still on my phone?

Apparently there is no way to fix this bug in app world. I can't de-list the removed apps and have it list the entire list of installed apps still on my phone.

So I was partially successful in getting the undeletable apps removed but now the my world app list is completely screwed up. So far... the apps I didn't remove seemed to be working normally although I haven't yet tested all of them. So now I'm going to plug it in and see what's actually still on my phone data card...

OK. That didn't work... wouldn't recognize by Storm so eject, unplug, replug... OK. Looks fine... The deleted apps are no where to be found.

[keep it courteous please]

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,892
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

You dug up a three month old thread to post this?

...obviously not looking for solutions or help, or you would have created your own thread, with details of your issue and less ranting.

It is always helpful to receive help, to include your exact BlackBerry device model # and carrier name, so that when you have a question, that information won't need to be asked up front. Also, stating your device Operating System version is normally another common question, found on your BlackBerry at Options > About, third line down, looks like "v4.x.x.xxx"

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
chonky
My Device: 8900

who are you directing this to? all the posts in this thread were useful to me except yours :smileymad:

i love freeware
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,892
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

chonky wrote:

who are you directing this to? all the posts in this thread were useful to me except yours :smileymad:

And yours is SO enlightening.

It was directed at the obvious user who bumped this three month old dead thread to complain and whine.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
jakoby4204
My Device: .
My Carrier: .

Please try to keep the thread on topic everyone!

Thanks.

Jakoby4204                                                                                                                                New to the Community click here  
Community Moderator
Likes2.png    AS3.png    CG2.png

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

class1dave wrote:
Meanwhile, the deleted apps no longer show up in my downloads folder which is good. But why are only two of the installed apps listed in my world?

hi !

well the answer is easy : because it's the way it is featured. "My World" keeps track of all applications you have installed through AppWorld, even if later you have archived it or deleted it. It's written in the AppWorld documentation, which you obviously did not read (and that's a pity).

Meaning that, for example, if you install another application without using AppWorld, it will not appear in MyWorld.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tayjovan
My Device: 9520
My Carrier: Mobile One

Hi,  Is there any way  then, I could removed my "uninstalled" apps from the list ? Otherwise, this list grows longer each day as I explore apps from appworld.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

tayjovan wrote:

Hi,  Is there any way  then, I could removed my "uninstalled" apps from the list ? Otherwise, this list grows longer each day as I explore apps from appworld.

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Purchased apps - no...AppWorld will forever retain record of your purchase.

Free apps -- yes...by running the "Refresh List" command from within AppWorld (2.0 -- different for prior versions).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.