Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
natxo
My Device: Bold 9000

Spanish app and store languages

I´ve been reading the FAQ about sending the app to the store and I´ve found a question, my app is only in spanish. No need to translate into english because my target is focused on Spain.

I suppose that I will have to translate the general info (title, description...) into english for the store, but... what about my app? Is this a problem if I don´t want to use both languages?. I mean a problem when submiting the app not to get refused.

Thanks for your help!

Natxo

Please use plain text.
Visitor
alfonsos
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Spanish app and store languages

We have the same problem: we are developing a spanish-only application intended for just one country. We believe such thing should be possible because the AppWorld product manager lets vendors restrict distribution to a single country... but we are required to provide an application bundle in english anyway.
Although have already translated most of the interface, the data browsed by the application exist only in spanish. It concerns us as well that a correct translation of our "Terms of use"  may require enlisting the help of an english speaking lawyer or a translator skilled in legal writing (we can't justify such an expense for an application we don't intend to sell internationally). We're also not prepared to provide customer support to english speakers.
So ¿How does the "an english version is mandatory" requirement works in the context of locally targeted applications? ¿is the english version intended only for reviewers or are we expected to support english speaking customers?

Please use plain text.