If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
Cluber22
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile
Accepted Solution

Sync Issue: There is an issue connecting to BlackBerry App World. Please try again.

[ Edited ]

Firstly I have never had this problem before when trying to install apps from the app world.

I am trying to download WhatsApp Messenger through the App World by clicking download and then clicking the "Sync" button. I am then prompted with the error "Sync Issue: There is an issue connecting to BlackBerry App World. Please try again.".

Screenshot: http://goo.gl/RSx8v

App world tells me on the right side of the page that my device is connected (which it is) via USB. I have tried turning the phone off, taking the battery out for more than a minute to be sure, restarting the phone, restarting the computer and trying again with no luck.

I have also tried in multiple browsers, Chrome and Firefox.

I found this page which tells me it could be a firewall issue, http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB27184&sliceId=1&cmd=displayKC&d...

I have therefore disabled my firewall and still had no success. This is getting really annoying, and my blackberry seems to be forever having silly issues like this.

Does anyone have any ideas on a possible solution?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Cluber22

Re: Sync Issue: There is an issue connecting to BlackBerry App World. Please try again.

[ Edited ]

I tried in Internet Explorer and it works. Went back to Firefox and Chrome and it doesn't work. But the interesting thing is a friend tried her blackberry on my computer and it works fine in Firefox.

EDIT: Okay I found the problem, I deleted the App World Plugin from my computer and reinstalled to Firefox and it works. Why doesn't it detect I am using an outdated plugin?

Anyway, problem solved.

Please use plain text.
biglinx08
My Device: blackberry tour 9630
My Carrier: Digicel

Re: Sync Issue: There is an issue connecting to BlackBerry App World. Please try again.

how did you get that done please explain the process im not too computer savvy
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Cluber22

Hi there,

It all depends on which web browser you are using.

For Firefox these are the steps I took.

1. Follow these steps to find the location of where the plugin file is installed. [a DLL file.] http://kb.mozillazine.org/About:smileytongue:lugins Mine was "File: C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion Limited\BlackBerry App World Browser Plugin\npappworld.dll"

2. Navigate to the location where it is, in my example I want into the folder "C:\Program Files (x86)\Research In Motion Limited\BlackBerry App World Browser Plugin"

3. You then delete the DLL file, again in my case it was npappworld.dll.

4. Visit blackberry app world again and you should be prompted to redownload the plugin.

For other browsers these steps may vary.

http://www.mydigitallife.info/how-to-uninstall-delete-and-remove-ie-add-ons-or-extensions-permanentl... - IE instructions

Hope this helps you out.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hieuseafarer
My Device: 9630 Tour
My Carrier: Verizion

[ Edited ]

:Clap:

Bravo! It's exactly what I'm looking for.

Many thanks,

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
hieuseafarer
My Device: 9630 Tour
My Carrier: Verizion

Cluber22 wrote:

I tried in Internet Explorer and it works. Went back to Firefox and Chrome and it doesn't work. But the interesting thing is a friend tried her blackberry on my computer and it works fine in Firefox.

EDIT: Okay I found the problem, I deleted the App World Plugin from my computer and reinstalled to Firefox and it works. Why doesn't it detect I am using an outdated plugin?

Anyway, problem solved.

:Clap: Bravo!

It's exactly what I'm looking for.

Many thanks,

Please use plain text.
Animerl
My Carrier: Airtel

Hi There,

I tried all the possibility, Uninstall n reinstall of Appworld plugin. deleted the .Dll file and i Still have no luck.. 

Please use plain text.