Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Contributor
SKBehnke
My Carrier: Sprint
Accepted Solution

Sync issues

Having Sync issues with App Wrold trying to update App World on my phone, as well as updating apps;  error code is listed as A1.  

Anyone have a clue?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Sync issues

Hello,

I don't find anything in the public KBs about "A1"...you might have better luck searching:

Otherwise, please provide some clarity...

1. Are you using USB/PC/Browser to do this?
  2. Or are you using the on-device AW client to do this?
  3. Is there anything more than just "A1" in the error message?
  4. When, exactly in the process, does the error present?

Thanks and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
SKBehnke

I have tried both the Sesktop application and the on-phone application to update APP world,  both fail.

I also have problem with apps not working; WLM reads others on-line, but there is no communication back and forth...

Can you let me know what other technical details you need?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

SKBehnke wrote:

I have tried both the Sesktop application and the on-phone application to update APP world,  both fail.

Please try this sequence:

1) Remove AppWorld from your BB

• KB10040 How to view or remove installed applications on a BlackBerry smartphone
  • If it requests that you reboot the BB, do so

2) Do a Batt-Pull reboot (power on, remove battery, wait, insert battery, wait), even if redundant to the one you did in step 1.

3) Install (on your BB) a fresh copy of AppWorld

4) Do another Batt-Pull reboot

5) See if it now works.

But, again, from simply saying "both fail", I can deduce nothing at all...details about the failure would help greatly...

SKBehnke wrote:

I also have problem with apps not working; WLM reads others on-line, but there is no communication back and forth...

I've never used WLM, so have no information about that. But let's keep it in mind as it might, coupled with your AW issues, be an indicator of something else. Both of these could merely be cascaded symptoms of a deeper problem.

What about your other services? How are they working? Email? Web Browser? BBM? Etc? Any more symptoms that could be useful?

SKBehnke wrote:

Can you let me know what other technical details you need?

Oh golly...let's see...well, nothing more than the details about the 4 questions I've asked you above...please remember that I can't see what you see nor can I see any "back end" systems to tell me anything. 100% of what I have to understand your situation comes from the words you use here, so details from you help greatly as I can't interpret general statements into anything useful.

Thanks and let us know!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
SKBehnke

I do appreciate the help, and understand theres a lack of info on my part.  I'm not as up on BB software as Windows or even Android...

I did have, and corrected a significant problem on this unit regarding the device not allowing me to view attachments in emails...  That work involved reprovioning the phone in certain floders...

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

I'm sorry, but I really can't deduce anything from that...again, more details are always better than generic statements. I can guess what you did for that attachments problem...but I cannot know for sure unless you tell me.

Further, did you try what I suggested above? I depend on you to actually read and try what I suggest, or at least tell me that you are choosing to ignore it. This is going to be a structured deductive process...and I need to know the exact results of what I suggest in order to choose the next possible path to take. Each step can be followed by different subsequent steps...but the results of each step help determine what the "best" next step is. If I don't know the outcome of something, then I'm totally in the dark and cannot give you anything useful for the next step.

Thanks.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
SKBehnke

I did remove and reinstall BB App World (now at version 4.3.0.26 which I assume to be current).

I removed WLM also, now when I try to reinstall, It says "there was a problem installing, please try again..."  I have tried it 3 times   Same problem each time.  Not sure if theres a way to see more detail about what hte 'problem' may be...

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

SKBehnke wrote:

I did remove and reinstall BB App World (now at version 4.3.0.26 which I assume to be current).

OK...thanks...and??? What was the result? Did anything about the behavior you reported earlier change? Did it stay the same?

SKBehnke wrote:

I removed WLM also, now when I try to reinstall, It says "there was a problem installing, please try again..."  I have tried it 3 times   Same problem each time.

Let's hold off on anything to do with WLM for now...let's first focus on AppWorld...as I said earlier, the WLM symptom may be a cascaded symptom of some deeper problem, but so far I don't know yet.

SKBehnke wrote:

Not sure if theres a way to see more detail about what hte 'problem' may be...

Well, there remain the 4 questions I asked in Post 2 above...you've yet to fully answer those...

And I'm going to now add a 5th question -- what about your other BB-proprietary services? Email? BBM? Browser? Are those working OK? (Oh wait...I did ask you that already...in Post 4 above...but you never answered that either...are you reading what I'm providing to you?)

At this stage, here's my advice...please scroll up and carefully read everything...as you do so, be writing a reply to this post (you can use a second browser window for that) and please reply to all of the questions I've already asked you. As I said earlier, exact results, answers, and information from you guide me to your next step...lacking any of that causes me to not understand your situation, which causes me to have no useful guidance for you.

So you see, I need you to help me understand your situation (by answering my questions) so that I can help you. This is a partnership...and I need your help.

Thanks.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
SKBehnke

Oh,

Sorry.  I followed the instructions and App World works (though, keep in mind, it was before also; it just wouldn't update to the newest version - that was the Error A1 that started this).  If 4.3.0.26 is the newest avaialble for a BB Bold 9930, then I think that is fine.

My email, and other functions seem to be working fine (again as they were before).  I haven't exhaustively tested them.

The only app that I'm sure isn't, and hasn't, worked on this handset is WLM.  And that's the one I'm trying to get to work.

One other thing that may have bearing on this.  I see 5 installed apps on my phone under 'My World', when I look on my PC in Blackberry Desktop Software, I see 3 different apps...   very confusing.  Hope I'm not throwing more consing items into the mix...

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

SKBehnke wrote:

Oh,

Sorry.  I followed the instructions and App World works (though, keep in mind, it was before also; it just wouldn't update to the newest version - that was the Error A1 that started this).  If 4.3.0.26 is the newest avaialble for a BB Bold 9930, then I think that is fine. 

So AppWorld has been fine all of this time? Golly...I sure wish I'd known that many posts ago...I feel like I am wasting your time terribly here...

SKBehnke wrote:

My email, and other functions seem to be working fine (again as they were before).  I haven't exhaustively tested them.

That's good information...thank you.

SKBehnke wrote:

The only app that I'm sure isn't, and hasn't, worked on this handset is WLM.  And that's the one I'm trying to get to work.

Since I have no experience with WLM, I can offer you nothing but for you to search those public KBs to see if there are any that are on point to your situation:

SKBehnke wrote:

One other thing that may have bearing on this.  I see 5 installed apps on my phone under 'My World', when I look on my PC in Blackberry Desktop Software, I see 3 different apps...   very confusing.  Hope I'm not throwing more consing items into the mix...

That's often the case...though I'd actually need to understand much more about what you are seeing in that Desktop Software window. The Desktop Software is intended (note carefully that word...it's not perfect) to show you all apps on your BB that you've obtained from all sources, along with those that would be available as part of the core OS package itself. AppWorld shows you only those apps obtained via AppWorld. So those two lists are rarely identical.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.