Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® World

Contributor
catkins
My Device: Blackberry Z10

The difficulties of looking through apps in BB World

Is anyone else finding BB World frustrating in the way that it is organised?

If I'm just randomly looking though, for example, possible photography apps to use there is an enormous amount of mixed photo sites. I want to be able to find an app, for say Time Lapse, so my options are that I can do a search which works fine if I use those words in the Search Box. But if I manually search though the photo apps to see if I can see any other apps that may be of interest in actually using the Z10's camera to take or edit photos, there are loads of so called apps of general wildlife, countries, individuals Flikr sites, celebrities, etc., etc.!

I guess though that we are in early days of apps for OS10, so it might improve of its own accord, but . . .

Is it possible for app folders to be further organised so that there are specific folders that make it more logical and clearer where to find apps for using features of a particular BlackBerry? So for example, still using the Apps: Photography folder but could be applied to most folders, the improved layout could be:

APPS: PHOTOGRAPHY 

• camera apps for taking photos
  • editing apps for altering photos
  • general photography apps, which could have sub-folders such as
  •     - individuals website apps
  •     - celebrities
  •     - Flikr or album type sites
  •     - wallpapers
  •     - etc., etc.
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,925
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: The difficulties of looking through apps in BB World

I haven't seen those sub categories in the past in AppWorld.

Perhaps you should email ideas@rim.com

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
catkins
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Re: The difficulties of looking through apps in BB World

No, this was more an observation as the new OS/Z10 has meant that I have to trawl through apps that work now with OS10, and I was amazed at how many 'non-apps' (can't think of a better word!) there were hiding the potentially useful apps - so it was a case of wondering whether it could be organised better.
Please use plain text.