Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
deepbhatia
My Device: Curve 8520

There is an issue connecting to BlackBerry World. Please try again.

Hello,

I am trying to use my desktop to download files for my blackberry curve 8520.I have tried using internet explorer as well as google chrome with no effect. I have blackberry appworld browser plugin installed on my desktop. I have tried doing a hard restart on my phone (removing battery while phone is on and installing it again). It doesnt work.

I have seen this thread in forums but none of the solutions work for me. I dont have an internet plan on my BB device and thus i would like to install apps from my desktop. My device version is 5.0.0.1036( Bundle 1682, Platform 5.2.0.104)

I have also tried uninstalling bbapp world and reinstallling it from desktop itself with latest version, also tried disabling firewall and encryption from options>security options.

Thanks .

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: There is an issue connecting to BlackBerry World. Please try again.

Hi deepbhatia

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Please go through this Knowledge Base and see if you are missing any steps :

KB28715 : How to Install applications from BlackBerry App World using a Computer system

But the most easiest way to download apps is via device itself , If you don't have a Data Plan then you can also do it over a wifi network .

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
deepbhatia
My Device: Curve 8520

[ Edited ]

prince2012 wrote:

Hi deepbhatia

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Please go through this Knowledge Base and see if you are missing any steps :

KB28715 : How to Install applications from BlackBerry App World using a Computer system

But the most easiest way to download apps is via device itself , If you don't have a Data Plan then you can also do it over a wifi network .

I visited your given link but i have already followed those given steps with no effect. As you told me connecting to web browser via the phone itself is the best way to connect to the net I tried connecting via wi-fi but my phone doesnt show green tickmark in manage connections menu.

I have tried changing default browser to hotspot for wifi, disabling mobile network , disabling data services but that doesnt work.Is there any solution?

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Hi deepbhatia

Try to change your default browser to BlackBerry browser, also you can turn of your Mobile network but don't turn of your Data Services on manage connection . 

Also go through this Article : KB17659 : Minimum requirement for BlackBerry App World.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.