Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
crackberrypie
My Carrier: Sasktel
Accepted Solution

There was a problem during installation, please try again

APP WORLD PROBLEMS....I receive "There was a problem during installation, please try again" when trying to download app updates or download new apps of any kind. I have tried resending the service books and clearing the cache. I also have called my service provider and they offer no help to me. Is there a fix for this or does it have the phone need to be sent into RIM I still got some warranty left. PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS ISSUE!!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
crackberrypie
My Carrier: Sasktel

Re: There was a problem during installation, please try again

I also tried downloading third party apps or website whatever www.getjar.com.....these do not download either...it will start it and say "download failed 909 Application authentication failure"...Any one help me here or how do you contact RIM or someone...

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Dr_Palto
My Carrier: Rogers

Hello carckberrypie,

In this case i would recommend wiping the BlackBerry smartphone. To do this we would need to back up the BlackBerry smartphone http://bit.ly/aSediX

Once backed up please follow the link below to perform a security wipe of your BlackBerry smartphone.

Link: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB14058

Test the BlackBerry smartphone and proceed with a selective restore as outlined below.

Link: http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10339

Thank you

-DrP

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
EliasMashabela
My Carrier: Elias Mashabela

Can you pls send another website for downloading FACEBOOK MOBILE because getjar.com and app world don't work
Please use plain text.
ranchuguy
My Carrier: Globe Telecom

I was just able to solve this on my 9320.  It was driving me nuts after several security wipes and Firmware change.

You need to completely wipe the handheld using "JL_Cmder".

After this, you will see the error 507 on screen.

Just open your Blackberry Desktop manager and allow the prog to "update" and detect the lastest firmware that is available.

I noticed also that the basic programs were installed, so I had to download the APPWORLD, and download everything, including BBM.

Hope this helps.

Please use plain text.