Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: This application is not available on your device... or missing apps or blank free apps page

BB-Soldier wrote:

Greetings,

BlackBerry PlayBook

OS Version: 2.0.0.7971

Application: e-Mmanuel

I have spoke to the developer and they assured me that their app is selected for worldwide access.  I am currently deployed to Afghanistan, and connect through a commercial provider on my camp to the internet.  I believe the backend of the commercial provide is based out of Germany as I have seen ads and such as I go to websites.

So my issue, I have successfully download and purchase numerous other applications, but this one specific application I cannot find in App World.  Now if I do a desktop search I find it listed and that it is designed for PlayBook.  The vendor is Venturcon.

So my question is, is this on the developer or on App World to look into the problem of not "seeing" this application in App World when accessed using my PlayBook from the remote regions of Afghanistan I'm in?

Hello,

Well, I am wondering if what the developer has told you is actually complete. They said that the app is available for worldwide access. But that is only one part of the question. Not only must they have made it available worldwide, but they also must have made it available for your specific BB model and OS level. Every app must be ported to every platform...one OS build does not function on all device models and OS levels. The developer must port it to all platforms on which they desire it to function. Then they must push that out via AppWorld.

Your profile says you are on an AT&T Torch, but says nothing about what your specific model is nor what OS level you are on. Then, in your post above, you talk about the PlayBook. So I'm not sure if you desire this app on a PB or on your BB.

But, in any event, the answer to your final question is the same. You have no channel to report things to RIM directly. Your sole channel to formally report things to RIM is via your Carrier (which your profile states to be AT&T). Most times, the carriers don't seem to want to bother with issues in AppWorld. But, the app developer has a completely separate vendor support channel that they can utilize. So, I'd suggest you again talk to the developer and get them to commit that they support (or not) your specific platform...and, if so, then ask them to use their vendor support channel to figure out why it is not being made available to you in your specific circumstances.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Marje74
My Device: Torch 9810, Playbook

Re: This application is not available on your device... or missing apps or blank free apps page

I purchased a new torch 9810 to replace my old curve...When trying to install the guitar hero game I got the message that this application is not available on my device..Can I know why?

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Marje74 wrote:

I purchased a new torch 9810 to replace my old curve...When trying to install the guitar hero game I got the message that this application is not available on my device..Can I know why?

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I realize that this thread is long, but your question has been answered several times I am sure. The short answer is that the app developer is responsible to port their apps to specific BB device models and OS levels...which means the answer to your "why" question is "because the app developer has not ported it".

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
skingz1
My Device: torch 9800

New Contributor
skingz1
My Device: torch 9800

Torch 9800
Trying to download the bbm music app but shows me the "This application is not available on your device" message in app world, but on the blackberry site it's one of the featured apps for my device. What do I do.
martin01
My Device: curve 8520

Hi there!

I'm in desperate need of help! Lol I'm trying to download app world and everytime it says "Notice
Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support BlackBerry App World." Anyone have any advice plz!! Desperate :smileysad:
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

hello martin01,

please read the system requirements here:
http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/appworld/download.jsp

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
lee1992
My Device: curve 9360 OS 7.1.0.336

i got this error on Blackberry traffic , even though it says on the site it supports my device , or my device supports it :/

Blackberry 9360

Orange UK

OS 7.1.0 bundle 1133

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

hello lee1992, on the app website, it is clearly displayed that the application works in two countries, excluding all others : the USA & Canada.
You seem to live in the UK.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Contributor
lee1992
My Device: curve 9360 OS 7.1.0.336

thats a bit rubbish isnt it