Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Retired
CerealBypass
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9360

This application is not available on your device... or missing apps or blank free apps page

I'm starting a new thread for these issues to make sure nothing is mixed in with any other previous errors.

We are currently investigating these but I would like to gather some useful data from anyone that might be experiencing these issues to see if we can narrow it down to a particular device or OS version:

Device model:

Device OS version (Options >> About):

Description of the issue:

If you are getting the "This application is not available on your device or for your carrier" error, what application were you trying to install?

My Device: Not Specified

Re: This application is not available on your device... Or missing apps or blank free apps page

[ Edited ]

BB Storm 9530

Sent notification from  BB App World that TalkLock 1.2 is available for upgrade.  I clicked on the Upgrade button and was informed that "TalkLock is not available for download from App World".

Jhimebau

Message Edited by jhimebau on 08-09-2009 10:08 PM
ustfdes

Re: This application is not available on your device... Or missing apps or blank free apps page

I am having the same issue as jhimebau is, with TalkLock and other applications, such as Fierce Towers by Nickel Buddy.

Wondering why it tells me there's an upgrade and then tells me that it is unavailable through App World.....and after attempting the upgrade, it shows in My World as uninstalled.

Retired
CerealBypass
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9360

Even though it shows uninstalled in My World, do you still have the app on your device? Did you originally download it from App World?

Hi Guys! Help needed!

Anyone know why Appworld isnt available in South  Africa?

Its quite disappointing this!

Regards,

Gidon

New Contributor
chromguru

Re: This application is not available on your device... or missing apps or blank free apps page

Device: Storm 9530

Same message described. I was trying to upgrade Fierce Towers to the latest version.

After multiple reboot, installs, uninstalls, etc. I can no longer even load it from App World. I have a green bar that says "Starting Download" that never does anything.

Similar problem with eOffice for Touch. It says "Completing Purchase".

This has been the most frustrating issue I've had since I've owned the phone. Nobody seems to have any idea about it other than "try a reboot" or "uninstall/resinstall".

Neither works.

Appreciate any help/ideas.

Personally, I think it's a problem with App World. I uninstalled/reinstalled that too, but that didn't help either.

Thanks.

New Contributor
javasmith

Re: This application is not available on your device... or missing apps or blank free apps page

I have a Storm and was having problems with battery drain and syncing this weekend.  I went through the usual steps of removing calendar entries and messages, but that didn't help.  I uninstalled all of my 3rd party applications (including Blackberry App Center) thinking that I might have a rogue application.  I reinstalled App Center but App Center now says that BuzzMe Pro Storm Edition and the AFP news client are now "unavailable for this device."  I was running these applications just fine on my Storm prior to uninstalling/reinstalling App Center.  A screen capture from my Storm is below:

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

hello,

just an advice : when you talk about AppWorld, call it by its name. App Center is another application and using that name could mislead people in their answers to you. Now, back to your issue :

I think you can try two things : the soft reboot, and if it does not work, the hard reboot. Don't worry, you can't lose data with these two reboots.

Soft reboot :
1) Hit the three following keys at the same time :
- Alt
- Right Shift
- Delete
2) wait 2 minutes for the Blackberry to wake up.

Hard reboot :
1) your Blackberry device is on
2) remove the battery and wait for a minute
3) Put the battery back
4) wait 5 minutes for the device to wake up.

Please tell us if it works for you.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
javasmith

Thank you.  Yes...I mean App World.  I tried rebooting.  I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling App World, but the applications are still listed as unavailable.  I've downloaded and purchased many applications through App World, and BuzzMe Pro and AFP are the only ones causing problems.

Regular Contributor
BBcrazed
My Device: 8330 Curve & 8130 Pearl

I know we have discussed this already but since I just saw this thread I thought I would add my issues to it since they fit your original post.

8330 Curve

Alltel

Many apps which show as available for my device and carrier on the desktop version of App World are not found in my on device version. A search for them comes up with none found and if I send a link via the desktop version I can pull it up but no downoad available with a message saying "This application is not available on your device or for your carrier"....however, as mentioned, they are compatible per the desktop version specs.

Here is a short list of applications noted so far: Slacker, Pandora, iHeart Radio, Poynt, Thumbplay Music Store