Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Reply
New Member
jl1170
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎09-06-2009
My Device: Not Specified

Re: This application is not available on your device... or missing apps or blank free apps page

Blackberry Pearl 8120

v4.5.0.124

It says that I do not meet the system requirements for App World.

New Contributor
Smash
Posts: 5
Registered: ‎06-19-2008
My Device: Not Specified

Re: This application is not available on your device... or missing apps or blank free apps page

i have an Alltel/Verizon 8330. I have Slacker radio, WHERE, Bank of America  already installed, but it says that I this application is not available on your device or for your carrier. I have Poynt downloaded, but in My World...It says it's uninstalled.

 

I have been having issues for a little while but thought it was just a glitch at the time, and never really pursued the issue...until now.

New Contributor
Yeria
Posts: 8
Registered: ‎09-14-2009
My Device: Blackberry 9000

Re: This application is not available on your device... or missing apps or blank free apps page

Is this the thread related to free Apps being stuck at "Starting Download..." forever in My World?

 

I remember trying to install Poynt and Bible App for my Bold and briefly getting that error...and since then they're both stuck at "Starting Download..."

 

Here are the specs:

 

Device: Blackberry 9000

Carrier: Rogers

Device OS: 4.6.0.282 (Platform 4.0.0.235)

Visitor
Posts: 1
Registered: ‎09-24-2009
My Device: Not Specified

Re: This application is not available on your device... or missing apps or blank free apps page

Device model: BlackBerry Storm 9530 Verizon

Device OS version (Options >> About): v4.7.0.148 (Platform 4.0.0.181)

I just updated App World and got the new notices about upgrades available for some of my apps. I downloaded and installed all the free ones, rebooting every time it was requested. Then I got to the upgrade for GPSed Pro. I ordered it, payed through PayPal and selected to install the upgrade. I then experienced an error in installing. Now, when I click on the GPSed Pro icon in My World, I get the Loading bar and the system just clocks. When I look in my Downloads folder on my Storm, the GPSed Pro icon is missing, yet in My World it shows as installed. I have done a complete reboot (soft and hard) and still get the same issue.

 

Help!

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
Posts: 48,786
Registered: ‎11-28-2008
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: This application is not available on your device... or missing apps or blank free apps page


Yeria wrote:

Is this the thread related to free Apps being stuck at "Starting Download..." forever in My World?

 

I remember trying to install Poynt and Bible App for my Bold and briefly getting that error...and since then they're both stuck at "Starting Download..."

 

Here are the specs:

 

Device: Blackberry 9000

Carrier: Rogers

Device OS: 4.6.0.282 (Platform 4.0.0.235)


Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Another user has found a solution to this problem and posted it in these forums...it is to clear the application cache:

1. Open App World

2. Go to My World

3a. For keyboard-based BB's -- Hold down the ALT key and then press, in sequence R, then S, then T

3b. For Storm/Pearl -- Hold the num-lock (!?123) button so it locks and then press, in sequence 3, then 4, then (

3a. If your BB locks after issuing the cache clear, perform a battery pull reboot

If that does not work, then please return to these forums (http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/) and register an account so that we can provide you with direct assistance.

Hopefully it'll work for you! Good luck and let us know!


Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
Posts: 48,786
Registered: ‎11-28-2008
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: This application is not available on your device... or missing apps or blank free apps page


Keydet78 wrote:

Device model: BlackBerry Storm 9530 Verizon

Device OS version (Options >> About): v4.7.0.148 (Platform 4.0.0.181)

I just updated App World and got the new notices about upgrades available for some of my apps. I downloaded and installed all the free ones, rebooting every time it was requested. Then I got to the upgrade for GPSed Pro. I ordered it, payed through PayPal and selected to install the upgrade. I then experienced an error in installing. Now, when I click on the GPSed Pro icon in My World, I get the Loading bar and the system just clocks. When I look in my Downloads folder on my Storm, the GPSed Pro icon is missing, yet in My World it shows as installed. I have done a complete reboot (soft and hard) and still get the same issue.

 

Help!


Hi there!

To check if it is truly installed, go to:

 

  • Options > Advanced Options > Applications

 

If it is in that list, then it is indeed installed. The icon could be anywhere...search everywhere (apps, downloads, etc.) for it, and show hidden icons just in case as well.

 

If it is not installed, then you should use AppWorld to uninstall it and then re-install it from AppWorld as well.

 

Plus, you can try clearing the application cache:

1. Open App World

2. Go to My World

3a. For keyboard-based BB's -- Hold down the ALT key and then press, in sequence R, then S, then T

3b. For Storm/Pearl -- Hold the num-lock (!?123) button so it locks and then press, in sequence 3, then 4, then (

3a. If your BB locks after issuing the cache clear, perform a battery pull reboot

Hopefully something there will work for you! Good luck and let us know!


Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
Yeria
Posts: 8
Registered: ‎09-14-2009
My Device: Blackberry 9000

Re: This application is not available on your device... or missing apps or blank free apps page

Yes, that worked! Thank you very much. :smileyhappy:

The device did not lock or I did not need to do any battery pull.

New Contributor
hazel0017
Posts: 6
Registered: ‎09-25-2009
My Device: Not Specified

Re: This application is not available on your device... or missing apps or blank free apps page

i have  a bb curve 8330 and i would like the fox news app that i can get online, but isn't availiable on my device? i sent myself the link and got this message. does anyone know how to fix this?
Guru I
Xandrex
Posts: 18,406
Registered: ‎07-29-2008
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: This application is not available on your device... or missing apps or blank free apps page


hazel0017 wrote:
i have  a bb curve 8330 and i would like the fox news app that i can get online, but isn't availiable on my device? i sent myself the link and got this message. does anyone know how to fix this?
hello,

can you detail where you sent to yourself that link from ?



The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
hazel0017
Posts: 6
Registered: ‎09-25-2009
My Device: Not Specified

Re: This application is not available on your device... or missing apps or blank free apps page

i sent myself the link from app world online so its available, just not when i try to dl it to my bb.