Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Visitor
shoreyda2nd
My Device: Not Specified

Re: This application is not available on your device... or missing apps or blank free apps page

Hi all, am rather confused here. I have a Blackberry Curve 8520, and all was working fine. Yesterday I received an update for Blackberry App world, I downloaded it and now whenever I try to get on App World I get this message 'Upgrade your services to a plan that includes browsing and discover a world of possibilites at BlackBerry App World. Contact your service provider for more details.'

I have contacted my provider, and all my settings are correct, they seemed very confused. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, I have deleted the cache history and content. I have soft reboot and hard rebooted, and I still get the same message.

Any ideas?

Thx, Marc

Please use plain text.
Retired
CerealBypass
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 9360

Re: This application is not available on your device... or missing apps or blank free apps page

shoreyda2nd wrote:

Hi all, am rather confused here. I have a Blackberry Curve 8520, and all was working fine. Yesterday I received an update for Blackberry App world, I downloaded it and now whenever I try to get on App World I get this message 'Upgrade your services to a plan that includes browsing and discover a world of possibilites at BlackBerry App World. Contact your service provider for more details.'

I have contacted my provider, and all my settings are correct, they seemed very confused. I have uninstalled and reinstalled, I have deleted the cache history and content. I have soft reboot and hard rebooted, and I still get the same message.

Any ideas?

Thx, Marc

So just to confirm, you were able to use App World before, and now you can't? Could you please send me your PIN number in a private message?

MR_cami
My Device: .

[ Edited ]

Two days ago, I have bought a Blackberry Curve 8520.

I bought it in Belgium.

When I try to install the Application World, I constantly get the message "Tis application is not available on your device".

Can this be helped somehow?

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

[ Edited ]

MR_cami wrote:

Two days ago, I have bought a Blackberry Curve 8520.

I bought it in Belgium.

When I try to install the Application World, I constantly get the message "Tis application is not available on your device".

Can this be helped somehow?

Thanks

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Please make sure that you fully meet all conditions in the AppWorld system requirements:

You may have to contact your carrier for assistance.

Good luck and let us know!

[edited to reflect change in quoted message]

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
robertstrickland

trying to download "iheartradio" application to receive "This application is not available on your device or for your carrier.

Using Tour 9630 on Verizon.  Wife used same link and downloaded fine to her unit.

Have tried a hard reboot, still gives message.

Please use plain text.
melissajessica

I just recieved a new 8900 Curve cause my old one broke. But I can not install Appworld on my new one.

This is the message I get : "Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements...."

How come I could download and install it on my old one and my boyfriends phone?

Please use plain text.
fgrandt

Device model: 9530

Device OS version 5.0.0.328

Description of the issue: This application is not available on your device

Pandora

Weatherbug

This is my second day with the device. Other strange problems as well.

Please use plain text.
Visitor
heelsbigc

Re: This application is not available on your device... Or missing apps or blank free apps page

I just received a notification for an upgrade to weatherbug elite.  When I click "upgrade"  and answer yes to the question about overwriting the older version of wbe on my device with the new version, the download  seems to start but after about a second I get: "Weatherbug elite is not available for download from app world"

I have a tour 9630 on verizon running software 4.7.1.157

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: This application is not available on your device... Or missing apps or blank free apps page

heelsbigc wrote:

I just received a notification for an upgrade to weatherbug elite.  When I click "upgrade"  and answer yes to the question about overwriting the older version of wbe on my device with the new version, the download  seems to start but after about a second I get: "Weatherbug elite is not available for download from app world"

I have a tour 9630 on verizon running software 4.7.1.157

Hi there!

In some cases, it has been discovered that updates (from AppWorld obtained apps) require additional steps in order to install the update. If the update will not install, please attempt this:

1. Homescreen > Options > Advanced Options > Applications > highlight the app > BBKey > Delete
  2. AppWorld > MyWorld > Login > highlight the app (if it shows at all, in any state) > BBKey > Delete
  3. Use either your PC (via Mass Storage Mode) or your BB (via Media > BBKey > Explore) and find any references (folders, files) to the app. Delete whatever you find. Search both your Device Memory as well as your Media Card.
  4. Use the above AppWorld user guide link to re-install the app -- a new registration/activation key should then be provided

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Mitchy

Re: Hi Guys! Help needed!

He there

I'm also in SA.

I have the Storm 9500.  I had the same problem and went to all kind of forums to find out why it isnt available in SA.  I kept getting the msg "your device doesnt meet the system requirements".  

I eventually searched google "get blackberry app world in south africa".  I got a website called www.mydigitallife.co.za  It gives you the steps to take to download a zipped file.  Follow the instructions.  I unzipped it to "My Documents" and then started Blackberry Desktop Manager.  Go to applications and load it from your folder where you saved it.  

I got to dowload it but it didnt want to work, told me "i need to upgrade my service package and need to contact my service provider."  I then went back to App world from my phone and then i was able to download it from the original site.  

Well it is still not working, but i am working on it.  I did phone Vodacom, but they are not too sure about the application yet.  I will keep on trying to see what i can find. 

Maybe you can also get this far so long.

Good luck

Please use plain text.