Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: This application is not available on your device... or missing apps or blank free apps page

Phillykev1 wrote:

I just bought the Blackberry 8530 (curve 2) . I went to the Blackberry App world catalog to download apps and i noticed that the majority or at least ALOT of the apps that were available for the 8330 (Curve 1)  arent compatible with the new Curve.  That doesnt seem like it makes any sense. Also most of the apps in the catalog are pretty much available for every blackberry there is except for mine.  Is it because my phone is new and they havent had time yet to make these apps available for my phone?  Will they become available?  All the really good apps arent available to me.  I only have 4 or 5 sports apps that are available to me and they are all expensive and not very good apps.  I wanted to add the Phillies app to my phone and i cant.  Iwanted to add The Weather Channel and i cant

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

It is the app developers, not RIM, who decide what apps to release for what models of BB. Consequently, if you find an app that you want but is not available for you, I'd suggest contacting the developer for the information you are seeking.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
beesknees
My Device: Not Specified

Re: This application is not available on your device... or missing apps or blank free apps page

BB Tour 9630

Sent notification from  BB App World that Weatherbug Elite is available for upgrade.  I clicked on the Upgrade button and was informed that "Weatherbug Elite is not available for download from App World".  Exact same message for BugMe.  Both were initially purchased and downloaded from App World.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

beesknees wrote:

BB Tour 9630

Sent notification from  BB App World that Weatherbug Elite is available for upgrade.  I clicked on the Upgrade button and was informed that "Weatherbug Elite is not available for download from App World".  Exact same message for BugMe.  Both were initially purchased and downloaded from App World.

HI there!

AppWorld has recently been updated itself...please make sure that you are on the most recent version of AppWorld.

Also check your PayPal account -- log into it from a PC/browser and ensure that the credentials you use there are identical to those you use to log into MyWorld. Also ensure that the credit card you have attached to PayPal is current and valid.

Also please try a hard reset: With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

In addition, you can try this sequence:

1) Remove AppWorld from your BB (Homescreen > Options > Advanced Options > Applications) -- if it requests that you reboot the BB, do so.

2) Do a Batt-Pull reboot as described above.

3) Get a new link and install a fresh copy of AppWorld

• Again, if it requests to reboot, do so.

4) Do another Batt-Pull reboot

5) See if it now works.

Cheers!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Visitor
stherrell
My Device: Storm 2
My Carrier: Verizon

Device Model:  Blackberry Storm 2

Device OS version:  v5.0.0.320

Description of the issue:

I just bought my Storm 2 and could not download Pandora, Ebay, Amazon, Weather Channel and other applications.  My husbands phone downloaded all of these without problems.  I took the phone back to Verizon and they somehow manually added the applications to my phone.  The rep.  said something about the American only apps having this problem.  I don't want to have to take the phone back in the future to get apps to download when I want a new one. 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

stherrell wrote:

Device Model:  Blackberry Storm 2

Device OS version:  v5.0.0.320

Description of the issue:

I just bought my Storm 2 and could not download Pandora, Ebay, Amazon, Weather Channel and other applications.  My husbands phone downloaded all of these without problems.  I took the phone back to Verizon and they somehow manually added the applications to my phone.  The rep.  said something about the American only apps having this problem.  I don't want to have to take the phone back in the future to get apps to download when I want a new one. 

You'll need to go back to that rep and find out what they meant -- I've no idea what they meant from your post. Also, you may want to find out how they did that manual installation...you may need to use it again. It also might be really good information to share here with the community.

What you failed to do was to describe what happens when you attempted the DL's on your BB..."could not download" pretty much tells us nothing. For instance, how, exactly did you try the DL? From the device interface to AppWorld? The web interface to AppWorld? From those developer sites? From another storefront? From your post, I'm not at all sure how to guide you...

Thanks and let us know!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
aaliyah77
My Device: Blackberry Curve 3520
My Carrier: Fido

Hey I just got a Blackberry curve 8520 living in Canada however i dont have data plan nor am planning on getting one. I tried to download the blackberry app world through the wifi connection as i heard there are applications that can work with only wifi however when i went to download the app world it states that "your system does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support Blackberry App world"

Could someone please help?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

aaliyah77 wrote:

Hey I just got a Blackberry curve 8520 living in Canada however i dont have data plan nor am planning on getting one. I tried to download the blackberry app world through the wifi connection as i heard there are applications that can work with only wifi however when i went to download the app world it states that "your system does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support Blackberry App world"

Could someone please help?

See the AppWorld system requirements page:

If, as you say, you are not intending on having a data plan, then it is my guess that you will not be able to access AppWorld via any means. But, it is merely a storefront...there are others you can try to obtain apps through I am sure.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
cowboysfan199
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: AT&T

Device model: Bold 9700

Device OS version (Options >> About): 5.0.0296

Description of the issue: just got my bold yesterday from at&t and I really want to download this but I keep getting " sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support Blackberry App World." please help thank you

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

cowboysfan199 wrote:

Device model: Bold 9700

Device OS version (Options >> About): 5.0.0296

Description of the issue: just got my bold yesterday from at&t and I really want to download this but I keep getting " sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support Blackberry App World." please help thank you

If you meet the device-level requirements, then I suggest you contact your carrier to find out if you meet the service level requirements from them. See the above linked requirements page.

Cheers!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cinek
My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Orange

Device model: 9700

Device OS version (Options >> About): 5.0.0.321

Description of the issue: App world not availabe for my device - tried downloading to my pc (using IE) & through the phone - got the same message twice

any ideas?

Please use plain text.