Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Visitor
gingerpokemon
My Device: curve 8520

Re: This application is not available on your device... or missing apps or blank free apps page

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I just received a curve 8520 for Christmas, i'm not at all familiar with the blackberry & ive found it bizarre!

I downloaded app-world & a few free apps successfully. I tried to download ka-glom (free) & bejeweled (paid) among others but i kept getting the same message 'this application is not available on your device or for your carrier'  :smileysad:

At first i thought it was a problem with my service provider (t mobile uk) but after reading this im not sure that's the case.

Can anyone shed any light please?!

Curve 8520

T-Mobile

alialyousif
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9700

Re: This application is not available on your device... or missing apps or blank free apps page

I want to download the Blackberry App World but my phone tells me that my device does not meet the requirements.  I have updated my Bb, and a whole load of apps that I want are only available on that.  Any ideas? Thanks.:smileyindifferent:

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

alialyousif wrote:

I want to download the Blackberry App World but my phone tells me that my device does not meet the requirements.  I have updated my Bb, and a whole load of apps that I want are only available on that.  Any ideas? Thanks.:smileyindifferent:

Many ideas -- posted thousands of times on these forums...searching might get you some hints...in the meantime:

If you meet all of the above requirements, then you should contact your carrier to ensure that they make it available to you...and, if so, what you need from them (perhaps a different data plan) to allow you to access it.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
heathre872
My Device: Curve 8530

Device model: Curve 8530

Device OS version (Options >> About): v5.0.0.395

Description of the issue: Trying to install App World, and it says "Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support BlackBerry App World."  I just bought this phone yesterday and activated service through Sprint (all-in type data plan).  I connected it and it said I have the latest version, so I am not sure if it's a BB prob or Sprint.

If you are getting the "This application is not available on your device or for your carrier" error, what application were you trying to install? App World

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

heathre872 wrote:

Device model: Curve 8530

Device OS version (Options >> About): v5.0.0.395

Description of the issue: Trying to install App World, and it says "Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support BlackBerry App World."  I just bought this phone yesterday and activated service through Sprint (all-in type data plan).  I connected it and it said I have the latest version, so I am not sure if it's a BB prob or Sprint.

If you are getting the "This application is not available on your device or for your carrier" error, what application were you trying to install? App World

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Then you need to scroll up and read the previously posted solutions. Read carefully the system requirements page as well as the page of available countries. If you meet those requirements, then contact your carrier to ensure you have an adequate data plan from them to enable AppWorld usage.

Good luck.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
darthbeavis
My Device: Tour 9630

Re: This application is not available on your device... Or missing apps or blank free apps page

Tour 9630

OS  4.7.1.61

Verizon

app world version  1.1.0.24

I am currently using youmail I got a message about an update I opened app world to download and got the not available on device or carrier message.  I have checked the sys. requirements and my BB meets them.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Re: This application is not available on your device... Or missing apps or blank free apps page

darthbeavis wrote:

Tour 9630

OS  4.7.1.61

Verizon

app world version  1.1.0.24

I am currently using youmail I got a message about an update I opened app world to download and got the not available on device or carrier message.  I have checked the sys. requirements and my BB meets them.

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

From where did you get that "message about an update"? If it did not come from AppWorld, then the update has not yet completed the process of being pushed out through AppWorld. The developer must do so...RIM does not pull updates from the developers. The developers must push their updates via RIM into AppWorld.

Cheers!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
darthbeavis

from youmail the app store already show .97 version my phone has .96 

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

What? You received the notification from youmail? If so, then what I said above applies. Unless you mean AppWorld gave you the message. Sorry, but your most recent post is a little hard to interpret.

Further, if by the "app store" (you did mean AppWorld, I hope...) showing, in the on-line catalog, the newer version, that may as well not apply. The on-line catalog is all-inclusive -- the on-device catalog is filtered to those apps that the developer has certified as applicable to you.

Please clarify.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
darthbeavis

this is taken off the app world site please tell me why I would get the unavailable message.  I have version 0.96

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/724

Version:0.97
Release:12.02.2010
File Size:397 KB
Support :bla ckbe rry@ youm ail. com

This application supports all devices

United States

AT&T (USA)
AT&T Wireless US 
Nextel (USA)
RIM
Sprint (USA)