Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: This application is not available on your device... Or missing apps or blank free apps page

OK, so that's off of the AppWorld website full catalog -- which, as I said, is unfiltered. What does your on-device catalog say? The on-device catalog will govern the availability. If there is a difference between the site-based all-inclusive wording and what you find in the on-device catalog, the on-device catalog will win. As to "why" -- it could be as simple as at typo someone made on the web-based catalog. Or it could be that the developer has pushed out information to the web-based catalog that is inaccurate. Or it could be that the process of pushing out the update fully through AppWorld is not complete.

All of this is, of course, theory -- since none of the volunteer contributors to this forum work for RIM, there's no way to give you any truly authoritative information.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
darthbeavis
My Device: Tour 9630

Re: This application is not available on your device... Or missing apps or blank free apps page

My on device app world says  youmail is not available on my device or for my carrier and yet I have it and it works.  I have also emailed support for youmail and they report I should have no problem with the new version they believe it is a RIM issue.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

OK...so now we know that YouMail feels that it should be available to you, yet AppWorld says that it's not. Impasse. I'd suggest a two-pronged approach:

1) YouMail should escalate into RIM via their dedicated vendor support portals.

2) You can escalate into RIM as well, but it'll be tricky for you to word and configure your request correctly...your request needs to be sent exactly as follows. Go to this URL:

and fill out the form. Use, in the "Please select a component:" field, the AppWorld Billing/Payment selection. Any other selection will simply route you back anonymously to these public forums. If you don't have an "Order Number" for that field, just use anything that works (e.g., "123456"). Be sure to give them a complete and clear description of exactly what is happening, and include your full device model, OS level, and carrier. Also include what YouMail told you.

If the form responds telling you that your PIN is invalid, then please report that fact back here as there is a separate resolution path for that issue.

After you submit, you should receive an automated reply with a ticket number and specific follow up instructions. And be patient....

Cheers!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
LemonPuff
My Device: Bold 9700

Re: This application is not available on your device... or missing apps or blank free apps page

This is a really big problem for me!

Do you think Blackberry (RIM) read these posts to do something about the issues????? (I hope so, because Im getting mad)

Device model:  Bold 9700

Device OS version: OS5

Carrier: Vodafone

Why are all the good Apps NOT available for UK Vodafone???????????

There is NO REASONABLE excuse for Apps to be available to some and not others, having worked in IT all my life, I know that it would only reguire a small amount of coding to make Apps work for a different device, but to work for a different carrier(?) I am perplexed - I cannot see any reason why any coding would be needed to work for a different carrier!

I WANT:

Pandora

national Geographic

iFood Assistant Lite

Jewel Quest III

Bones in Motion

Just to name a few!

RIM, WHY ARE ALL THE GOOD APPS NOT AVAILABLE FOR VODAFONE UK????  ANSWER US, AND CORRECT THIS!!!!   WHY SHOULD WE VODAFONE USERS PAY THE SAME FOR OUR PHONE AND CONTRACT, NOT TO GET THE SAME SERVICE AS OTHER PROVIDERS (CARRIERS)?!?!? 

RIM - THIS IS JUST NOT GOOD ENOUGH!  GREAT PHONE RUINED BY UNEVENLY DISTRIBUTED SERVICE!

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Re: This application is not available on your device... or missing apps or blank free apps page

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I understand that you are upset...but...these forums are a user-to-user support channel, not a user-to-RIM conduit. As such, it is unlikely that they will see what you have written. However, if you have specific and constructive ideas for them, I have heard that they accept such via email to bbsuggestions@rim.com.

Formal front line support for BB's is, by contract, not provided by RIM nor these forums. The carriers and authorized resellers are responsible for front line formal support to end users. But, the instructions I provided earlier in this thread are a conduit into RIM for AppWorld specific issues...I suggest you avail yourself of that method.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

LemonPuff wrote:

Why are all the good Apps NOT available for UK Vodafone???????????

There is NO REASONABLE excuse for Apps to be available to some and not others, having worked in IT all my life, I know that it would only reguire a small amount of coding to make Apps work for a different device, but to work for a different carrier(?) I am perplexed - I cannot see any reason why any coding would be needed to work for a different carrier!

well, the IT issue is a good one indeed. The carrier should be somewhere in the 7 levels of TCP/IP so that should not infer with the way an application works.... but then you get the features location. Pandora works for US citizens so I don't see why you would want to download it from another country.

There are also some regulatory issues that make the carrier all powerful on which applications can be used by their subscribers. That is of course less dominant than on iPhone devices, but still active.

For any questions about a third party application not working on a specific carrier, you have three reasons to complain :

• to the editor, for making installation carrier specific
  • to the editor, for not making efforts to publish their application correctly
  • to the carrier, for blocking you from features available elsewhere

This is not a RIM issue as far as I understand things.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
olimasadie
My Device: Bold 9700

[ Edited ]

Bold 9700

YellowPages Canada

Bell Mobility

Please use plain text.
JoviFan
My Device: Curve 8530

TICKETMASTER APP DOES NOT WORK

on my curve 8530  , running V5.0.0.337

I know it says it won't work with V5, but is this problem being worked on?  This was the main application I was looking forward to when I purchased my 1st BB back in Nov, 09.   Needless to say I was very disappointed when I tried to download it and it wouldn't work.  I have been even more DISAPPOINTED since I have sent SEVERAL emails and even Tweets to BB/RIM asking about this problem, and NO ONE has had the curtiosity to respond to me.   If it's being worked on, excellent - if it's not just admit it and I'll stop emailing/tweeting!  Thanks

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Re: TICKETMASTER APP DOES NOT WORK

JoviFan wrote:

on my curve 8530  , running V5.0.0.337

I know it says it won't work with V5, but is this problem being worked on?  This was the main application I was looking forward to when I purchased my 1st BB back in Nov, 09.   Needless to say I was very disappointed when I tried to download it and it wouldn't work.  I have been even more DISAPPOINTED since I have sent SEVERAL emails and even Tweets to BB/RIM asking about this problem, and NO ONE has had the curtiosity to respond to me.   If it's being worked on, excellent - if it's not just admit it and I'll stop emailing/tweeting!  Thanks

Hi and Welcome!

Unfortunately, the way your question is posed would require someone to reveal to you insider proprietary information...most folks who know "future looking" information are specifically enjoined from revealing it. Further, the way your post is written hints that you may believe that, by posting here, you are posting a question to RIM direct...which would be incorrect. These forums, while provided and moderated by RIM staff, are technically a user-to-user support channel, not user-to-RIM. Hence, it is unlikely that they will see and respond to what you have asked. But you never know -- I just want to set your expectations appropriately concerning the function of these forums.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Austinwin
My Device: Curve 8330

I tried twice to download ITransitBuddy for Philadelphia from BlackberryAppWorld. and I was sent this email:

Thank you for downloading content from BlackBerry App World. From your BlackBerry smartphone, please click the link below to begin downloading: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/2416

BlackBerry App World is only available to specific countries and may not be available on all networks. To view availability please visit: http://www.blackberry.com/appworld/availability

If you are having difficulties with BlackBerry App World please visit our support site: http://www.blackberry.com/appworld/support

When I went to the link in the email I got the message on the BlackberryAppWorld webpage that the app was not available for my device or my carrier even though the information on the description page says that the app will work on the 8330 Curve and on any carrier.

I have a 8330m Curve, v4.5.o.131 (Platform 3.4.0.25) My carrier is Credo Mobile. They use the Sprint network.

Please use plain text.