Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: This application is not available on your device... or missing apps or blank free apps page

Austinwin wrote:

I tried twice to download ITransitBuddy for Philadelphia from BlackberryAppWorld. and I was sent this email:

Thank you for downloading content from BlackBerry App World. From your BlackBerry smartphone, please click the link below to begin downloading: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/2416

BlackBerry App World is only available to specific countries and may not be available on all networks. To view availability please visit: http://www.blackberry.com/appworld/availability

If you are having difficulties with BlackBerry App World please visit our support site: http://www.blackberry.com/appworld/support

When I went to the link in the email I got the message on the BlackberryAppWorld webpage that the app was not available for my device or my carrier even though the information on the description page says that the app will work on the 8330 Curve and on any carrier.

I have a 8330m Curve, v4.5.o.131 (Platform 3.4.0.25) My carrier is Credo Mobile. They use the Sprint network.

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Please check this page to ensure you meet the minimum requirements:

If you feel you meet the device-level system requirements, then contact your carrier to ensure that you meet the service plan (from them) requirements for access (via their network) to AppWorld.

Lastly, do be aware that AppWorld is merely a portal, vending apps developed mainly by others. As such, it is not your exclusive procurement source -- there are others that you can try (e.g., Handango, Handmark, BPlay, GetJAR or Mobihand). I have found that there are very few apps that are exclusive to AppWorld. You can search the on-line catalog and then search out other procurement sources, including quite often the developer website itself.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Visitor
paola
My Device: blackberry storm2 9550

Re: This application is not available on your device... or missing apps or blank free apps page

Hello, 

I am getting the "this application is not available on your device" and some times "incompatible device" when I am trying to download blackberry app world...

DEvice mdel: Blackberry 9550

DEvice OS  version: 4.2.0.275

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

paola wrote:

Hello, 

I am getting the "this application is not available on your device" and some times "incompatible device" when I am trying to download blackberry app world...

DEvice mdel: Blackberry 9550

DEvice OS  version: 4.2.0.275

Hello and welcome to the Forums!

Please see the remedies and information in the posts above. If what is already posted does not work, then your formal support provider is your carrier.

Good luck and let us know!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
AlaskaHome1959
My Device: Bold 9700

Bold 9700 (T-Mobile)

v5.0.0.33. (Platform 5.1.0.91)

"This application is not available on your device or for y our carrier."

Attempting to install the K-Love radio player, application 5203. According to the description:

Supported Devices
 > This application supports all devices

Supported Countries
 > All Countries

Supported Carriers
 > All carriers

But receive the above message when attempting to install through the App Word application.

New Contributor
sugarspicebaby1
My Device: Pearl 8130

8130 Pearl

OS 4.5.0.175

Facebook won't install "don't meet requirements" ???

Verizon with unlimited data plan

Pearl 8130 - Verizon - OS 4.5.0.175
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

sugarspicebaby1 wrote:

8130 Pearl

OS 4.5.0.175

Facebook won't install "don't meet requirements" ???

Verizon with unlimited data plan

Hello!

Unlimited Blackberry Data Plan? Or unlimited generic data plan? If the latter, then that is not sufficient and you should contact VZW.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Visitor
tikoz
My Device: BlackBerry Bold 9700

Hello,

I recently bought a Blackberry Bold 9700, 3 weeks ago approx, and its the best phone that I've ever had so far. However, I'm really disappointed to the fact that World App. is not available in Egypt, and so i cannot have the things i was hoping to download from there.

Is there anything i can do to bypass this issue ? If not i really want to know why the World. App is not available in Egypt because this is really Frustrating. I'm a blackberry Customer, yet, I'm not able to use its features. Very disappointing..!

Just incase, here's what appears when i try to download the Blackberry App World:

" Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support Blackberry App World "

I checked Egypt in the World Availability and its not there. Don't know about my OS Version. When i Hit options >> About here's what i see :  Blackberry R 9700 V5.0.0.351 ( Platform 5.1.0.9.8 ), and if it helps, my Nuance V Suite Version is 3.2

I will be waiting for your feedback, thank you for your time.

Tariq Morgan

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

tikoz wrote:

Hello,

I recently bought a Blackberry Bold 9700, 3 weeks ago approx, and its the best phone that I've ever had so far. However, I'm really disappointed to the fact that World App. is not available in Egypt, and so i cannot have the things i was hoping to download from there.

Is there anything i can do to bypass this issue ? If not i really want to know why the World. App is not available in Egypt because this is really Frustrating. I'm a blackberry Customer, yet, I'm not able to use its features. Very disappointing..!

Just incase, here's what appears when i try to download the Blackberry App World:

" Sorry, your device does not meet the system requirements that are needed to support Blackberry App World "

I checked Egypt in the World Availability and its not there. Don't know about my OS Version. When i Hit options >> About here's what i see :  Blackberry R 9700 V5.0.0.351 ( Platform 5.1.0.9.8 ), and if it helps, my Nuance V Suite Version is 3.2

I will be waiting for your feedback, thank you for your time.

Tariq Morgan

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

Please check this page to ensure you meet the minimum requirements:

Further, please check that AppWorld is available in your country:

If it is available in your country and you feel you meet the device-level system requirements, then contact your carrier to ensure that you meet the service plan (from them) requirements for access (via their network) to AppWorld.

Lastly, do be aware that AppWorld is merely a portal, vending apps developed mainly by others. As such, it is not your exclusive procurement source -- there are others that you can try (e.g., Handango, Handmark, BPlay, GetJAR or Mobihand). I have found that there are very few apps that are exclusive to AppWorld. You can search the on-line catalog and then search out other procurement sources, including quite often the developer website itself.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
Airborne2para
My Device: Blackberry 8520 Curve

Why does it give " Your device isnt supported" message when I try to install App World to my device (8520 Curve Smartphone).

Also when I installed Facebook withoout using App world it installed ok but I cannot find it, where did it go?

Yes im new to BB!!

Thanks

hoopeskm
My Device: Curve 8330

It doesn't exactly say that...it says "this application is not available from Blackberry App World". !!!! This after it sends me a message saying an upgrade is availble for free! So, on my Verizon Curve, it won't download Livestrong Calorie Tracker, Bubblebreaker and My Tasks. I'm sorta ticked about this...i thought maybe if I uninstalled an app, I could go back and download/reinstall the app, so I uninstalled Livestrong Calorie Tracker and now I can't get it back. I PAID for this app and now I don't have it! What do I do?

Who do I call?