Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
JFrancois
My Device: torch 9800

Touch screen trouble after blackberry identity update (to 6.3.0.14)

Hi,

After I updated my BlackBerry Identity(1 day ago) module to 6.3.0.14, my touch screen is acting strange (on my Torch 9800).  It is most obvious when I use a game that I need to slide left to right (in the bottom of the screen).  I try to slide to the left and it keeps going to the right and stays there, almost impossible to move it to the left and when I succeed it returns to the right if I touch the screen again.

I did delete it from the software list (and reboot), at that point my screen works fine, but BlackBerry world is not working (missing blackberry identity) and blackberry protect also not working.  So I re-installed the Blackberry protect module and the same thing started again.

When I use the scroll, it works as well as it use to.  When I use the touch screen with no sliding (only select touch) it works ok.

Will there be a fix or how can I go back to my old version of blackberry identity ?

Please use plain text.
Retired
FrankieS
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Touch screen trouble after blackberry identity update (to 6.3.0.14)

Hi JFrancois,

Welcome to the Support Community!

To rule out any possible software issue that may be causing this, please try to back up your data and perform a clean reload of your BlackBerry® Device Software. For further instructions, please see the following KB articles.

For Windows®: "How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device Software for Windows" http://bbry.lv/GI9beY
For Mac: "Perform a clean reload of BlackBerry smartphone application software using BlackBerry Desktop Software on a Mac computer" http://bbry.lv/J0UN1U
Please test to make sure the issue has been resolved before restoring any data from your backup file.

Hope this helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
JFrancois
My Device: torch 9800

Re: Touch screen trouble after blackberry identity update (to 6.3.0.14)

Hi,

I did the full backup & "re-image " my phone using my firmware from my service provider (found on BlackBerry website).  And I realize that the problem was hardware issue not software.  It was a really strange coincidence.  As long as I don't use my touch screen too often I can manage (no more games!).  I'll try to tough it out until I get my hands on a new phone.  Thanks!

Please use plain text.