Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Bond
My Device: Bold 9700

URGENT- App world availability in the UAE, Duabi etc.

Dear All,

It pains me so much and frustrates to an extent where one wants to just throw down the beloved BlackBerry device. Why the hell, we cant access APP WORLD in this region, what is so complicated and what is problem? these is not a single app we can download, so whats the point of using BB. People are moving rapidly to iPhone just because of this alone reason, above all other reasons.

Even FB, BBM, we cant update. This is really annoying. I want the RIM management to immediately come up with some rapid solution so we can use the app world, other wise a BB freak like me can move to iphone and will make others also. This is a serious issue and must be addressed.

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,951
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: URGENT- App world availability in the UAE, Duabi etc.

Bond, now really?

This is not RIM's sole decision as I am sure you can fathom. The carriers in your countries MUST agree to support AppWorld, etc., and apparently they have not.

Meanwhile, you can (and should) find and purchase apps from mobihand.com, and for Facebook and BlackBerry Messenger, there are alternative URLs for direct download...

www.blackberry.com/facebook

www.blackberry.com/messenger

Use those URLs direct from your BlackBerry browser and DO NOT choose the AppWorld download option, but rather the other option.

And, contract your mobile service provider and put pressure on them. That's where the roadblock lies.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.