Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
dburden
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

Unable to authenticate user at this time.

I have a new Blackberry Bold and I want to retrieve applications I've previously purchased on an old Bold.

I go to My World, and select login. I definitely enter my Paypal account details correctly.

I click Login...

I get the message, "Please wait while we retrieve your MyWorld Applications..."

A few seconds later I get: "Unable to authenticate user at this time. Please try again later."

Any ideas? I've searched the web and cannot seem to get an answer, but I do see many people with the same issue.

Thx 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Unable to authenticate user at this time.

HI there!

There have been some issues with the AppWorld services lately...most are reported to be cleared up. Please try again. Also, please try removing and re-installing AppWorld...some have reported that to be helpful. In addition...RIM has released AppWorld version 1.1.0.15...it is highly recommended to be on that version.

Also please try a hard reset: With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

In addition, you can try this sequence:

1) Remove AppWorld from your BB (Homescreen > Options > Advanced Options > Applications) -- if it requests that you reboot the BB, do so.

2) Do a Batt-Pull reboot as described above.

3) Get a new link and install a fresh copy of AppWorld

• Again, if it requests to reboot, do so.

4) Do another Batt-Pull reboot

5) See if it now works.

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jforeman12

Okay this is a pain.  I'm now having two overlappying issues.  First is the frozen download.  I've requested a download for two applications - MySpace (free) and Applico (an upgrade for a paid application) - and I am stuck on "Starting Download".  I've read the threads here and there are a number of fixes suggested such as a battery pull and reloading the BB app store application.  Then there was another suggested fix - logging into PayPal.  Now I have this error "unable to authenticate user at this time."

Should I expect the BB app store to have so many bugs?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

jforeman12 wrote:

Should I expect the BB app store to have so many bugs?

Well, I can't tell you what you should expect or not...but I tend to set my expectations pretty low with something so new (btw -- it's AppWorld...AppStore is something completely different). Like all software things, the only full test is after release -- the same thing happens with MS products, they release to the world after having done as much testing as they can...but it is not bug-free upon release to the world. RIM is painfully aware of these issues and is trying to find common threads and consistencies that they can work from. There is another thread here (somewhere...sorry, I'm not positive where) that was started by a RIM tech in which it is solicited specific details from folks having troubles.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
mrspock2002

This is just great.  I had to format and reinstall my Storm, now I have this issue.  "Can't authenticate user".  It's on RIM's side NOT Paypal.  Maybe one of their servers are offline?
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

FYI -- We have a response from RIM, but it is a request for a bit more data...but that data should not be posted here in the public forums. So, I will send each of you a Private Message (on this forum) with instructions as to how to proceed. FYI -- RIM is extending to you this assistance in, how shall I say, an out-of-channel fashion -- which normally comes at a fee, but in this case is being extended to you without that.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dburden

I tried this again last night PST, and it now seems to be working. 
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Excellent! Then, in that case, please mark the thread as solved...

Cheers!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
Contributor
jforeman12

Still not working for me at 1:28 EST

BB 9000

AT&T

App World 1.1.015

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

jforeman12 wrote:

Still not working for me at 1:28 EST

BB 9000

AT&T

App World 1.1.015

OK -- then please follow the instructions I've already sent to you via PM. I know 100% for sure that RIM is now looking into this, but they need more data...and your doing as the PM instructs will give them the data they need.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.