Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
akleit
My Device: Not Specified

Re: Same Issues Please Help

So I was on the phone with RIM for about two hours. There answer is they have no idea why it's happening, but it is a recurring problem. They escalated my case and promised to contact me with a solution. So basically, there is no solution. I suggest to everyone to contact their carrier and ask them to be put through with RIM customer support. Maybe if we all make a big enough sound on this they will actually resolve this issue. O course, if they could possibly figure out how to allow for other payments other than paypal that would be a start......Apple, Android and Palm all seemed to have figured out their user base probably have credit cards................. 
New Contributor
cbreving

Re: Unable to authenticate user at this time.

I had the same error message.

I figured out the issue was with an expired credit card on record with PayPal.

As soon as I updated that with PayPal everything loaded into My World.

New Contributor
Stratts

Well holy **bleep**, someone tell RIM this issue has finally been solved.  It is the credit card issue.  I just updated mine and it worked.
New Contributor
akleit

No. What about an account without a credit card attached?????? WHY is RIM only allowing us to pay with paypal anyway?
New Contributor
Stratts

Not sure.  Did you have a credit card on your account before?  At least we know that's the issue.  I have no problems what so ever getting my purchases anymore.  So after all these weeks we finally figured it out. 
New Contributor
akleit

I didn't have anything attached to my paypal account. I had funds from online sales. I purchased apps, then I couldn't connect.
New Contributor
Stratts

Well it's a paypal issue.  I put a credit card back on and it worked no problem.  Well RIM should fix this but I guarantee if you put a credit card on the account it will work
New Contributor
SamE-Storm

This worked for me. So thanks so much to the poster above. Turned out I had an expired card as well.

Again thanks.

Sam E.  

New Contributor
jodyt256

Could you please tell me how this was finally resolved. I have been fighting this issue with a Storm2 since I got the unit when it came out. Have never been able to log into AppWorld on this device, just my previous one!

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

jodyt256 wrote:

Could you please tell me how this was finally resolved. I have been fighting this issue with a Storm2 since I got the unit when it came out. Have never been able to log into AppWorld on this device, just my previous one!

Hi and Welcome to the Forums!

As you can see above, the resolution was to check the PayPal account and ensure that a valid credit card is attached. If something else is going on with you, please open a new thread since your issue is not the same...

Thanks!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code