Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Unable to authenticate user at this time.

[ Edited ]

Interesting. I've never heard of such a thing, except where there is a device lock password enabled. I think that the best approach would be for you to go back to them -- something about your device is special, and they seem to understand it.

Orrrrrrr...maybe these steps?

1) Register HRT

• Homescreen > Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > BBKey (it does not matter which line is current) > Register Now

2) Resend Service Books

• KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
ErikSax
My Device: Tour 9630
My Carrier: Sprint

I fixed it myself. My answer was a hybrid answer I deduced that was triggered by the end of another user's December 23, 2009 post. The answer for me was different than theirs but similar enough to take a guess at.

Simply, the BB AppWorld requires plastic. Simple financial institution data in PayPal won't cut it, at least with my institution. It will not let me login. I have my codes now. Thanks for the assistance.

Erik
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Occam's Razor yet again! I'm glad you got it figured out!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
goliver
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Tmobile

so if the money was already taken to purchase the app but they need plastic how do you go about starting that process over and/or getting your money back? sorry if its an ignorant question I dont do much paypal transactions.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

goliver wrote:

so if the money was already taken to purchase the app but they need plastic how do you go about starting that process over and/or getting your money back? sorry if its an ignorant question I dont do much paypal transactions.

You have a few avenues:

Paypal -- they have a dispute procedure. If they've processed a transaction for which you did not receive the material benefit of the fee, then you can dispute with them.

Source of Funds -- whatever the source of funds of the transaction was (credit card, bank transfer, etc.) might as well have a dispute procedure for you.

RIM: To lodge the dispute with RIM, do this:

Hi there!

Your inquiry needs to be sent exactly as follows. Go to this URL:

and fill out the form. Use, in the "Please select a component:" field, the AppWorld Billing/Payment selection. Any other selection will simply route you back anonymously to these public forums. If the form responds telling you that your PIN is invalid, then please report that fact back here as there is a separate resolution path for that issue.

Cheers!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
eliseoorellana
My Device: storm 9500
My Carrier: verizon

Hello:

I understand there is a soluction to this problem but would need to send private message because more information is needed. Please send.

I can't seem to fix it on my phone. I have made a purcahse yet I keep getting the same error.

"Cant Authenticate user at this time"

Please help!~

Please use plain text.
kingarthur314
My Device: 8330
My Carrier: boost mobile

I am getting this same error every time I try to log in please help

Please use plain text.