Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
Mangoe
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Rogers

Unable to log into App World - Error message 80002

I am unable to access my app world. I have uninstalled and re-installed the app to no avail. I get the error message " The software upgrade was interrupted. Please try again."

When I click cancel, it says "BlackBerry Identity installation failed. Please try again later (80002). I know that I am in a country and carrier that supports BB. So not sure what the issue is. I also have v5.0.0.862 on my phone

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Unable to log into App World - Error message 80002

Hello,

Please see this KB:

• KB29613 The error "BlackBerry Identity installation failed. Please try again later. (80003)" is displayed within BlackBerry App World

While the code is different from what you received, it may perhaps be of use anyway. Further:

• KB29501 "Error installing BlackBerry Identity, please try again later" when trying to install an update for BlackBerry Identity in BlackBerry App World.
  • KB29300 "A BlackBerry Identity update is needed" message appears when launching BlackBerry App World 3.1

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Mangoe

None of these resolved my issues.

the first one was for error 80003 - which says that there is no resolution and I hae error 80002

The 2 other workarounds didn't resolve my issue. I am still getting the error and not able to access App world

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Mangoe wrote:

the first one was for error 80003 - which says that there is no resolution and I hae error 80002

Yes, I did say that the code was different...but did you at least try it?

Mangoe wrote:

The 2 other workarounds didn't resolve my issue. I am still getting the error and not able to access App world

So, you have no IT Policy? Sorry, with brief responses, I can't really tell what's going on.

But, try this..

1) Remove AppWorld from your BB

• KB10040 How to view or remove installed applications on a BlackBerry smartphone
  • If it requests that you reboot the BB, do so

2) Do a Batt-Pull reboot (power on, remove battery, wait, insert battery, wait), even if redundant to the one you did in step 1.

3) Install (on your BB) a fresh copy of AppWorld

4) Do another Batt-Pull reboot

5) See if it now works.

Cheers!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Mangoe

Sorry for the short responses.....

From your original post about error 80003. I did try the workaround but it didn't work. :smileysad:

I followed your work around you just mentioned. I have uninstalled App world, the device rebooted and then I pulled out the battery and let the system reset. I re-installed app world (by the link you provided) and the system restarted. I pulled out the battery again and let the system do another reboot.

I tried the app world link but again I am still getting the 80002 error. Very frustrating! I am not sure what is interrupting the upgrade. I have no other processes running when i perform all of these work arounds. The app world that is now installed is a 4.0 version. Is this the latest version? Is there any way for me to log into BB ID somewhere else since the system won't allow me to access the upgrade for app world?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Normally, the fix above, in KB29300, fixes things to do with BB ID on the BB itself. Sometimes, the Identity app gets mucked up, and removing/reinstalling it usually cures that on the BB.

The most recent AppWorld would be the one you now have installed...though all versions are 4 octets and not 2...so that would actually be 4.0.0.63.

So, when exactly does this message present please? Please check here: Homescreen > Options > Device > BlackBerry ID. Is that showing your correct BB ID information?

You can separately log into your BBID via PC/Browser.

Are you 100% certain that there is no IT Policy on your BB? It is possible for there to be a "stealth" IT Policy on a BB which does not otherwise display, yet can impact things.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Mangoe

Seems my BB has a mind of it's own. The removing/reinstalling didn't solve the problem.  :Sweatdrop:

The message presents as soon as I go into appworld. It asks me to update the software, it goes to 100% and then says that it was interrupted. Try again or close. When i select close I get the message "Blackberry Identity installation failed. Please try again later (80002). The the app closes.

I tried following your "Homescreen > Options > Device > BlackBerry ID" but I don't have a selection for "Device". is there another option? I have the Bold 9700

How do I access BBID on my pc? Not sure if that will help, but would love to try...lol! Anything at this point.

I have the same IT policy on my phone as i did when it got the phone. it has never prevented me from accessing AppWorld, or anything else for that matter. Not sure how to tell if "Stealth" is getting in the way.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Mangoe wrote:

Seems my BB has a mind of it's own. The removing/reinstalling didn't solve the problem.  :Sweatdrop:  

Do you mean removing/reinstalling the Identity App on your BB? Or AppWorld itself? Or both perhaps? One of the above KBs is specifically about removing/reinstalling the Identity App...and that's the one that normally cures this.

Mangoe wrote:

I tried following your "Homescreen > Options > Device > BlackBerry ID" but I don't have a selection for "Device". is there another option? I have the Bold 9700

Oh...that's probably because you are way behind, still on OS 5 on your BB...Rogers currently supports 6.0.0.666, and the menu structures are totally different moving from OS5 to 6, and again to 7 (though I don't think your BB model can support OS7). For OS 5, I think the command string is Homescreen > Options > BlackBerry ID

Mangoe wrote:

How do I access BBID on my pc? Not sure if that will help, but would love to try...lol! Anything at this point. 

From a PC/browser, go to AppWorld (www.blackberry.com/appworld). At the top right will be a "Sign In" link...click that and it takes you to the BB ID login.

Mangoe wrote:

I have the same IT policy on my phone as i did when it got the phone. it has never prevented me from accessing AppWorld, or anything else for that matter. Not sure how to tell if "Stealth" is getting in the way.

So, your BB is part of a BES environment? It may be that AppWorld worked OK before, but that there's something in the IT Policy that is blocking this update...you should check with your BES admins to be sure.

As for "stealth"...that's the whole point...a stealth IT Policy cannot be seen, other than it's effect on trying to do things on the BB. "Normal" IT Policies can be seen:

• KB30076 How to check for an IT Policy on a BlackBerry smartphone

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.