Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry World

New Contributor
medacomix15
My Device: Torch 9860
My Carrier: Fido

Unable to re-install large applications on BlackBerry PlayBook

Hello,

I have a BlackBerry PlayBook running OS 2.0.1.358.

I'm having trouble re-installing some apps I purchased a few months back.

In particular, I cannot re-install Lara Croft and Eternal Legacy.

When I try through app world, the download either doesn't finish and hangs or finishes, but I'm immediately presented with an error and the application doesn't install.

I tried using App World in both Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer with my PlayBook plugged into my PC, I was always prompted to type in a password for my device despite typing in the correct password or having no password at all.

Was wondering if you could explain what I'm doing wrong or this could be fixed?

Thanks,

medacomix15

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Unable to re-install large applications on BlackBerry PlayBook

Not sure what would cause that. Try updating to the new OS released today and see what happens. You can do the update over wifi. Just go to Settings >Software Update and check for updates.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
medacomix15

Still seeing the same issue after the update =S

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1052; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

What is the exact error you recieve?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
medacomix15

Wasn't able to do this on my work network, but was able to at home, I guess some sort of IT policy.

Thanks for the assistance though.

Please use plain text.